808STATE Vs THE SHAMEN

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

BADGERMAN

808STATE Vs THE SHAMEN

Post by BADGERMAN » 08 Mar 2004 11:54

First of all a big hello to all the 808 state fans out there. I've been a fan since 88 and have been visiting this site on a regular basis for the past 5 years but unfortunately I have had a severe case of computer ignorance and have only just come to grips with e mail - "oh dear", you are probably thinking!

Anyway once when I was on my way through London I popped into virgin records and I saw the following record: 808 STATE Vs THE SHAMEN - HUMAN ENERGY. Did not have enough money to buy it and get a ticket to go home. On the way back it had been sold and I havn't tracked it down since. My question is was this a rare format of the song and did this version differ to the Massey mix on ENTACT? (As occassionally like in the case of Grovindas dream the 12" version can be very different than cd version). Good to be finally here!

BADGERMAN

colour

Post by BADGERMAN » 08 Mar 2004 12:43

The colour of the sleave was Green and Red with similar writing to the UB40 One in Ten. Cant remember much else.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 08 Mar 2004 20:40

Has anyone got a copy of the 12"? I think it had a Shamen song on the B side.

nickking

Post by nickking » 09 Mar 2004 11:34

Good question - haven't seen this 12" around (and, apart from the Shimmer CD single, I've managed to accumulate pretty much everything 808-related)....

...Presumably the same as the Massey mix on En-Tact? I'll have a search round when I get back - will let you know if I find anything!

l8rs,

Nick :D

Mark

Post by Mark » 09 Mar 2004 21:29

No, I 've never seen it, like Nick I have most 808 related releases but I've never come across this or even heard of it.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 10 Mar 2004 13:17

Thanks for checking. I have been searching for it aswell for a long time now and havn't found it, I am sure the mighty Nicking can. Could have kicked myself for not getting the bloodey thing, but then I wouldnt of afforded my train ticket home and also kicking yourself isnt all that cool!

I have got a huge collection of 808 related material myself but have still got a large amount to track down. I wonder if you could help me out with another question. The timebomb remix on the promo (not the fon mix - 3:51) and the sure is pure mix of joyrider (10:58), are they much different to the commercially available mixes. As with the moses CD marked remix it is not much of a difference. These are the last two 808 released items I need (so far) to make my collection complete.

Although quincys lunch needs replacing, being careful with it caused it to fly out of my hands and put a nick on the 808 side not the jega - it now jumps on Quincys. There is a thing as being too careful!!

I still have a few scarce remixes to track down and wish i could get a listen to them on MP3. It would be good to see a few pop up on Kazaa or even better still on the sounds page even if it is only for a while. Anyway better go now thanks for your help. Badgerman

Mark

Post by Mark » 10 Mar 2004 16:59

The 'Unique' mix of Timebomb is not that different to the original, so not really worth getting unless your'e an 808 purist like me! However, the Sure is Pure remix is a good deal different and has a more clubby feel to it. I was after this for ages (years actually) and recently tracked one down through a few record dealing mates, its a great mix well worth having.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 10 Mar 2004 19:53

Any chance of a download?