IYF REMIX

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

BADGERMAN

IYF REMIX

Post by BADGERMAN » 10 Mar 2004 13:53

Can anyone remember this one. The record was called In Your Face remix which came out a couple of weeks after the release of in your face and facially yours mix. I cant remember who the record was by it might not of even made it into production. but I recorded it on Mark Goodiers evening session. what it was was an 808 mega mix (similar style to all the mega mixes doing the rounds at that time and not very inspiring) It started of with IYF then went through there releases including Pacific Cobrabora call the cops mix cubic and cant remember much else. Got a feeling I still have a copy on an unmarked tape somewhere.

If I remember correctly the 808 remix of IYF was used for the top 40 because of the sensativity of the Gulf War 91, this was not the only bazar thing to happen as Massive attack wanted to be known as Massive (drop the attack). People are strange.

Also on the same tape is the lads being interviewed by Mark Goodier on the release of Excel. Where they say that they would love to do a soundtrack. I know Graham has since done this but wouldnt it be great to have an 808 produced soundtrack.

Mark

Post by Mark » 10 Mar 2004 17:02

Probably thrown together for radio play, that happened a lot back then. I don't think 808 would have done it themselves.

I agree it would be great to see an 808 soundtrack, just imagine Long Orange being whacked out to a great action/sci-fi movie inside a cinema!

SteveC

Post by SteveC » 10 Mar 2004 19:40

I remember listening to that interview at my mates, chuffed to fup that 808 were on the radio, they played Spanish Heart but then my mate muted it to watch corrie instead and I missed all the rest, the fastard.

What else did they play after that, Ive always wondered ?

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 10 Mar 2004 20:00

pretty sure it was ooops next will have to wade through a big pile of tapes to find it. (Time is an issue at the moment) - but will try to find it.

markus

Post by markus » 11 Mar 2004 00:05

Could it be that you are referring to the TZ2 12"on a sublabel of R&S? This was Marcos Salon, aka The Outlander. Guy Called Gerald on the other side. I shall digitize it one of these days and make it available, it's impossible to find these days.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 11 Mar 2004 10:15

Could be that one I will have to try to find the darn thing. If its a 808 mega mix which occassionally has the sample from call the cops in it then its the one. I remember at the time I wasnt all that impressed with it because it was a blatent cash in. But now I wish I could bloodey find the thing because Im an 808 collecting fanatic. Will do my best. If I can find it I will make it available to kazza. I will put a messege in here when or if I do. Hope I didnt record over it!

On the hypothetical subject of soundtracks long orange would also be on my list, and if 808 werent doing original material I would definately manage to fit in Balboa. Although it is difficult to see what type of film this would fit in with it is a very original song (unbelievable that it origionally wasnt going to be on Don Solaris).

I would also fit in the following tracks: DYTD Bassless mix, IYF facially yours or current faster version, ooops mellow birds, black dartagnon, global state, cubic 98, Ancodia (90 mix), crossword, soulflex, wheatstraw, bonded, mondonet, fiddle, santa cruz - heaven... 808 mix, Goldfrap - Human Massey Neanderthal, long orange, Nephatiti, and quincys. (Also I would fit in Orbit, Black Morpheous and Southern cross) probably be a very weird film cool soundtrack though!

These are not all of my favorites too many to chose from horray for LP2 on minidisk, have 2 disks of favourites and still have to omit others!

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 11 Mar 2004 15:29

The track fiddle was Baton Rouge didnt mean to write that was for reference only cause couldnt think of the name. Bit of a blonde derrr moment!!

Does anyone know how many 808 tracks have been on films/tv films if any. I went to Costa del scum in November and one of thier radio shows has The Only Rhyme That Bites as thier logo tune. Think it was Malaga FM or something - does 808 get any money for this?

skippotronic

Post by skippotronic » 03 Aug 2004 17:13

hi badgerman,

here's a tricky to find 1991 track by choci that rips 'in yer face', and the bassline from 'olympic' -

multiform - revenge of the iceman Image

i don't know if you've heard that before, but after having a look thru the forum you seem to be looking for anything related to 808 so i thought i'd post it for you!

(i apologise if this breaks any copyright rules on the board, i'll remove it from my webspace if that's the case) :o)

:)

markus

Post by markus » 03 Aug 2004 19:12

Fantastic, never knew about this one. Well there must be dozens of these sort of bootlegs. Don't worry about copyright, I think I'll use it on the sounds page - I'll create a bootleg section! I mean, why not? :)

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 05 Aug 2004 17:05

Gutted - it wont let me down load. Am I too late? Wish i had a clue when it comes to basic computer skills.

Is the download still available?

Well done for finding it. I still havnt found the one that I taped. Hopefully it will turn up.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 05 Aug 2004 17:09

A bootleg section would be great (and Dj mash ups).

Any chance of getting all 4 "the word" theme tunes on the site or is that asking for trouble with channel 4?

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 05 Aug 2004 17:17

And what I would really love to see on the sounds page along with the bootlegs, more and more new and unseen material and new fan mixes is:

THE IN YER FACE LIVE FROM VIGO AND FUZZ NASTY - dont konw if Ive mentioned that yet?

Badgerman

markus

Post by markus » 05 Aug 2004 17:50

The file has gone. Luckily I downloaded it immediately. I'll be putting it on 808state.com at the weekend as traditionally the sounds page is updated on the 8th of the month. And of course this month it's the 8.08.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 06 Aug 2004 23:18

Brilliant one Markus!!!

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 06 Aug 2004 23:21

Ps well done skippotronic I dont seem to have much success finding any of it - cheers!