Stop Bush

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

Stop Bush

Post by SteveC »

Don't miss the opportunity to voice your feelings against the corrupt American way and the illegal war.

I urge you to take one day from your lives to protest against the worst administration in history.

Coaches leave Manchester and other UK venues on Thursday, a link to them is here.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/coach.asp

Our globe is in a state, partly due to the Bush regime, so come on GLOBAL STATERS and lets make a difference.
David

Post by David »

Of course Al Qaeda have made a terrorist warning.
Pure bullshit-trying to keep the numbers down by using fear tactics.

If the Bush ever catches their asset and family friend Bin Laden-I will show my arse in the Vatican.

Let's hope Bush sees some protests.Despite America being a 'free' country as he says where people can protest-protestors in the US are kept well miles away from him and his "safe zones".
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

If you can't make it then consider the virtual march from your own home or office

http://owos.info/bush_visit/bush.php

Bush is using our Queen as a pawn in his bid for re-election, show him how disgusted we are with these tactics.
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

I went on the march today, it was brilliant! :)

There was a real carnival atmosphere; people of all ages, thousands of people blowing whistles - all very acid house really. :)

And, of course, there was the toppling of the Bush statue which is going to be seen by millions of people world-wide... :)
PatFromCanada

Post by PatFromCanada »

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

See these... pretty amazing.

Cheers!

Pat.
mark123

Post by mark123 »

Sorry, I can't view your links right now. I am busy watching the recently liberated children of Iraq wave American flags and thank the troops.
PatFromCanada

Post by PatFromCanada »

Yeah, liberated children my arse.

Just saw this video of a U.S. helicopter kill. Interesting how these "Iraqi soldiers" are unarmed and yet still are enough of a threat to suffer this fate. They never even fired a shot.

It appears that they are walking around a farm tractor. Were they farmers going about thier business?

The truly disturbing part is when an obviously wounded individual is killed.....what, no prisoners anymore?

Who are the true thugs here?

http://www.chem.crapness.com/224Helicopter_Kills.mpeg

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

SAY NO TO BUSH!

p.f.c.
JD

Post by JD »

whilst the video does look appalling it is important to know the context of the incident.

I'm not particularly pro bush (in fact the man is a bit of a turd) but was most definitely against the deposed regime. Fortunately for the Iraqi people only have to worry about the lesser of 2 evils now.

As always fu.ck emoticons
David

Post by David »

First its Afghanistan

Then Iraq

Then Haiti-a democratically elected President is outsted

Now it's Venezuela

Next Cuba......

What a wonderful Government the US has.... :x
joeskeys

Post by joeskeys »

As an American, let me chime in and say that not all Americans are thrilled with what our Commander-in-Chief is up to. Here's one who's happy that Saddam is out of power and hopes that Bush Jr., having trainwrecked my country, will join him soon (in the ranks of the unemployed ex-leaders, not in a war crimes tribunal—I don't hate him THAT much). But hell, I did my part... voted for the other guy in 2000 and I'll do so again in November.

Just setting facts straight though: to our credit, we didn't really have much to do with the whole Haiti thing. And I'm confused; besides a half-century of Imperialist influence followed by a debilitating 40-year embargo, what have we ever done to Cuba? From all the talk Stateside, "Next Syria..." is how it should read.

In short, though, our government doesn't REALLY suck... just the people in charge at the moment. Peace, y'all. :-)
David

Post by David »

And now there's Blair shaking hands with Gaddaffi...has the world gone mad ?
joeskeys

Post by joeskeys »

Another great bit of logic from the President of the United States. Told the Sept. 11 commission finds no evidence of an Iraq-al Qaeda link, Bush is quoted in the Denver Post as having responded: "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al-Qaeda (is) because there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda."

Which, you have to admit, is a pretty good reason. :-)