Earthdance 2004 feat A Guy Called Gerald & 808 State dj'

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Dr.Walsh

Earthdance 2004 feat A Guy Called Gerald & 808 State dj'

Post by Dr.Walsh »

PRESS RELEASE:

Vision Classix and Silky Productions presents...

EARTHDANCE MANCHESTER 2004 [earthdance.org/manchester]

Saturday 18th September 2004 10pm-3am @ Dry Bar, Oldham St, Manchester

Vision Classix and Silky Productions team up to take part in the biggest annual global dance party. It is likely to be Manchesters' party of the year... at a renowned nerve centre for dance culture in the city.

EARTHDANCE [earthdance.org]

Earthdance is the global dance party for peace! Throughout the world, hundreds of Earthdance parties, thousands of dancers, technology and the positive ethics of dance music create a global dancefloor! At midnight GMT - evening in America, morning in the Australian rainforest and sunrise over the Himalayas - every party plays the special Earthdance ambient peace track to create a unified global consciousness for world peace. Action from parties in every continent is webcast via the Earthdance web-site, adding to the sensational energy created.

THE VENUE - DRY BAR [drybar.co.uk]

A venue that helped spark the dance music revolution in North-West England! Formerly owned by the Hacienda, Dry Bar has retained its' reputation as an underground venue!

Bringing oldschool music with respect for the original vision are Vision Classix - hosting the main room. Hosting the 'underground' room are Silky Productions. The Silky vibe is based on groove, 'house music all night long...' and fun!

MAIN ROOM - VISION CLASSIX [visionclassix.co.uk]

Manchesters' favourite oldschool night! On the decks first in the main room, Vision Classix resident dj's Butty and Recca should give you a glimpse of why - oldschool delivered with a smile! :)

A Guy Called Gerald [aguycalledgerald.com]

A Guy Called Gerald has been making world class dance music for many years! A pioneer of many genres - from acid house to drum n' bass, all Mancunians with even the slightest interest in dance music are very proud of his achievements. Now living and making music in Germany, A Guy Called Gerald sets in his home town of Manchester are ultra rare! Add to this the release of 808 State 'Prebuild' (recently discovered tracks from the original 808 line-up of Gerald, Massey and Price) on Rephlex this autumn then this makes for a triple celebration!

808 State dj's [808state.com]

808 State dj's Andy Barker and Darren Partington (aka The Spinmasters) have been full-time members of 808 State for nearly 15 years! Highly respected, Andy and Darren have been responsible for some of the better music to come out of Manchester in the 90's. They have toured the world, both as members of 808 State and as dj's delivering thepsychoecstatictranceenducinggrooveridingfunkalogicalsoundsofstate808!

SILKY PRODUCTIONS [silkyproductions.com]

For the second year running, Silky dj's are dj'ing at Earthdance parties in both hemispheres.

Silky is hosting the smaller, even sweatier 'underground' room at Dry Bar. Silky are known for top quality house and breaks, and their commitment to giving people the best possible party.

dj's

Mistress de Funk

Best known for funky, uplifting house sets at venues such as Garlands, and formerly as 2 Girl DJ's with sister Natalie. Previous residencies at Emporia and Venus in Manchester, and sets at Stylus and on Key 103 radio have given the Mistress quite a following in her home city... the Mistress de Funk gets a 'free license' to play at Silky events... so look out!

Chika

Originally from Peru, but brought up in England, Chika is a product of the acid house evolution. In 1997, she became a breakbeat dj and also started her own PR company called ig-nite who promoted and supported artists. Through ig-nite Chika was responsible for promoting the first ever Earthdance compilation. This led to working full-time at the Earthdance headquarters in California for several years and setting up a weekly breakbeat party in San Fransisco... the lady like Chika delivers house and breaks with love!

DRESS SUGGESTION

As Hawaii is the 808 State (808 is the dialling code) traditional Hawaiin dress - grass skirts and leis - has been suggested!

GIFTS

There are 100 gifts to be given out to the first 100 people in the queue - another incentive to get to the party early! These are:

20 dancechester hats kindly donated by dancechester.com

80 Survival International CD's and tapes featuring the likes of Graham Massey, Orbital, The Shamen, The Grid, The Orb and Banco de Gaia kindly donated by Survival International.

CHARITY - SURVIVAL INTERNATIONAL [survival-international.org]

Survival International is a designated Earthdance charity. It is a worldwide organisation supporting tribal peoples. It stands for their right to decide their own future and helps them protect their lives, land and human rights.

Survival was founded in 1969 in response to massacres, land theft and genocide taking place in Brazilian Amazonia. Like many modern atrocities, the racist oppression of Brazils Indians took place in the name of 'economic growth'.

Today, Survival has supporters in 82 countries. It works for tribal peoples rights in three complimentary ways: education, advocacy and campaigns.

Survival believes that public opinion is the most effective force for change. Its power will make it harder, and eventually impossible, for governments and companies to oppress tribal peoples.
Melody Nelson

Post by Melody Nelson »

there are 2 AGCG mixes on littledetroit.net

one is old acid (the second one) is the first newer stuff?
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Earthdance Manchester 2004 is featured on: xpander.nl, undergroundvibez.com and i-dj.co.uk

See you on the dancefloor!
blue jammer

flyers

Post by blue jammer »

Can't wait for this!

ImageImage

Just bought a new digital camera (here in 5 days from Hong Kong) as my old one is now in the great camera shop in the sky RIP

:D

Mad review to be expected :P
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Tickets are now available for this event on ticketline.co.uk
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

And it's £10 entry (£5 discount) for anyone in Hawaiin grass skirt and lei! :)
markus

Post by markus »

Dr Walsh would like to stress that Gerald will be doing a DJ set. Both Gerald and the 808 DJs will be playing old-skool sets. Wish I could be there...
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

me too :x

will it be recorded/broadcasted?
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Hi, we are looking in to doing a webcast via the Earthdance web-site: earthdance.org

earthdance.org is webcasting Earthdance events from across the globe for 24 hours over this weekend so even if we don't manage a webcast from Earthdance Manchester 2004 you can see loads of amazing parties!

'Dr.'s advice is: if you can't make it to the event, keep checking on earthdance.org
graham

Post by graham »

I believe Tunes is going as well so it will be a proper old school reunion.
Walshy ,you better let me in even if you think Im a sell out
markus

Post by markus »

Somebody better have a digital camera!
Ancodia

Gutted!

Post by Ancodia »

I'm really gutted that I can't get to this, now that I've finally got a few regular gigs for my crew at the weekends, I can't get anyone to cover mine. :( Boo Hoo

John
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

earthdance party is turning into an unofficial launch party for new order 808 acid mixes and prebuild (with the ok of rephlex)! :)

offer for 808state.com board members:

if you would lke to be on the paying guest list for reduced price entry (£10) for this event then please send an email to:

dancechester@planet-save.com

ps graham - i don't think you are a sell out! imho, it's just a near impossible job cleaning up a dodgy tune like that...
markus

Post by markus »

Wouldn't it be funny if Martin Price popped in too?!
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

not funny, priceless :-?