QuadraState

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

I would like Quadrastate to be re-issued on CD!

Yes, I would buy the CD if it were re-issued.
89%
I don't need a CD, a digital download would be enough.
4%
No, I've got the original on vinyl and don't need it on CD.
7%

Total votes: 27

markus

QuadraState

Post by markus »

Who would like the 1989 Quadrastate album to be issued on CD?
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

Would love to buy it on cd format aswell. I know its the wrong time period but a cd quality global state would be great added on to that as it has a very similar feel to it. One of my favourite 808 melow songs although too many top ones to chose from!

Any chance of the vigo version of in yer face in cd quality? I suppose an Mp3 of it and fuzz nasty from the same set would be sufficient. Oh well time will tell.
Roland

Quadrastate reissue on CD

Post by Roland »

I would definitely buy a reissue of Quadrastate on CD-No questions asked!

Roland
Ancodia

Dumb?

Post by Ancodia »

Isn't this a bit of a dumb question! :D
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

I have it on vinyl but would love to have it on CD. :D
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

If you were going to release quadrastate it would be a good thing if you could lob Pacific 909 on the end. It is a fantastic version of pacific and if i remember rightly was only available in cd quality on a US promo (cd version of the 6track vinyl).

Of course my theory of 808 releases is to fill the whole cd capacity up, but i crave for additional material!

It might not be true to the original vinyl release of quadrastate but Pacific 909 would definately complement the release.
dmp

Quadrastate

Post by dmp »

Got to be worth bringing back out on CD, especially as it means you can play your vinyl less often and hopefully save it a bit! Be great if it could come out as a double with some remixes. I'd love to hear "Firecracker" re-mixed by 808. Sounded ace at the time, my 3rd favourite 808 track.
markus

Post by markus »

Bump, come on people, surely there must be more than 16 people up for this?! Vote now.
Souflex

Post by Souflex »

I'd buy Quadrastate on cd.....of course!

you not speaking markus? check your inbox...

gary
newbuild

RE: QUADRASTATE CAT 808

Post by newbuild »

after having some time to think about this decision...yes it would be very nice to add quadrastate to the now growing collection of rephlex-released 808 state material...prebuild...newbuild...QUADRASTATE...

...if richard d james and grant wilson-claridge would kindly release this cd, i would surely cream in my jeans...although focus is probably on analord...

the vote seems quite silly; i myself own all early original 808 state vinyl, and would simply LOVE to have it on any format available...

how about a question in regards to a proper cd release of the more obscure DREAM 17 or BORN IN THE NORTH singles?

perhaps this is because they were never 808 state tracks to begin with...
and a post such as this would be better suited on a guy called gerald's site...

anyways, it seems relationships between 808 state and gerald simpson are on better terms than they have been in the past...what with proper credit being given, and now what with skam and rephlex crews involved...

it only seems the next logical step for rephlex in regards to reissues...

new order acid house remixes CAT 806 in 2004
prebuild CAT 807 in 2004

QUADRASTATE CAT 808 in 2005?

PACIFIC STATE
STATE RITUAL
DISCO STATE
FIRE CRACKER
STATE TO STATE
LET YOURSELF GO (303 MIX)
LET YOURSELF GO (D50 MIX)
DEEPVILLE
CONTROL?

how about a ten-track hour-length cd? seems almost predictable...perhaps shorter, minute-length tracks similar in style to the fat shadow (pointy head mix) i have left out...oh well, i don"t have these on vinyl and have never heard of any or even know if there is even one of these in existence...

i know the original post in question was ages ago, but i think i can safely assume i will have quadrastate cat 808 by the year's end, especially since newbuild has been reissiued yet again...and since it seems there is too a rekindled interest in analogue gear, in regards to analord releases...

deep respect for 808 state, a guy called gerald, aphex twin, autechre and perverse acid tracks in general...

regards-james j.

...AUTECHRE IN 2005...

[/b]
nickking

Post by nickking »

Yes, it would be great to get both Dream 17 and Born In The North on CD, although both are probably unlikely...

Dream 17 is essentially a Mike Pickering managed project on Deconstruction Records, and as such Gerald doesn't really have any say as to whether it's released or not. Both the original 12" mixe and the Derrick May mix are available on a couple of CD collections - one of the more recent being a DVD called 'Universal Stories Of Dance' which came with a free CD - this CD included 'Dream 17'.

As for 'Born In The North', it would be good to have any Edward Barton-related release on CD - not sure what the status is on this? (Graham might know if Ed has any future plans)?

And, yup, new Autechre album in April and tour! :D

l8rs,

Nick ;)
subcon959

Post by subcon959 »

Been waiting for a Quadrastate cd release for the best part of 10 years, so that would be a "HELL YES!".
chriseastmids

Release Quadrastate

Post by chriseastmids »

come on now ... lets get 2005 off to a good start and lets get this album released along with all the demo's and the other stuff that we only get to download .... you cant keep your sound quiet we want it and we want it NOW ... come on guys lets get it out there .... the public want it ... and us as well ..... waiting ......
Chris the Boy

Post by Chris the Boy »

Please:

PACIFIC STATE
STATE RITUAL
DISCO STATE
FIRE CRACKER
STATE TO STATE

plus the bits omitted from Prebuild, as mentioned by Graham:

SHOOT THAT BIG PIG f*** OFF ACID MIXING DESK (!)
[SISTER OF] SYNC/SWIM
TWILIGHT

and if there's any space left:

LET YOURSELF GO (D50 MIX) (the other mix is already on the Warp 10+1 compilation, although obviously it'd be nice to have it here too if it'll fit)
DEEPVILLE
Chris the Boy

Post by Chris the Boy »

Oh, and what's the "Control?" track mentioned above by Newbuild? Is that a demo of "Contrique"? Presumably not – wrong period?