808 @ Colours?

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

dmp

Post by dmp »

Does anyone know anything about 808 playing at the "Colours festival" (you know, the Streetrave people from years ago) up in Scotland?
JD

Post by JD »

Certainly on http://www.colours.co.uk . That could be the Glasgow date that was mentioned last year?

JD
dmp

Post by dmp »

:smile: Yes! 2nd June @ Braehead. This'll be the first time I'll get to see 808 up here, they were going to play the Barrowland about the same time as Gorgeous came out, we bought tickets and it got cancelled at the last minute! Cheers.
JD

Post by JD »

Markus

Can you get this date confirmed? Colours was Muzik club of the year last year and although the club night is not always to my taste (big names DJs playing the same shite week in week out) they do put on a good party.

Gary

Comin over mate? Do more than coffee this time!

DMP

Where exactly in Glasgow is this place? I only go clothes shopping through your way.

JD
dmp

Post by dmp »

According to Colours.co.uk, the details are: Sunday 2nd June 2002, 2pm-4am (subject to licence)Braehead Boardwalk & International Arena, Glasgow. As well as 808, they have X-Press 2, and Harri & Domenic (Sub Club). Apart from this, the others playing range from OK to utter shite.

JD:- Braehead is a massive shopping centre on the road to the Airport from Glasgow city centre. On the M8, you head over the Kingston Bridge and off at Braehead's very own off-ramp.
markus

Post by markus »

I'm trying to get confirmation from 808 as we speak. I noticed on http://www.colours.co.uk/special.html that tickets are 5 pounds cheaper if you order before 6 April. Seems a bit premature since it's subject to licence and I couldn't find any mention of it on ticketmaster.co.uk. Certainly wait until 808 confirm.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Markus,

You going if it's confirmed?

I can feel a repeat of last October... Especially since it's on the Golden Jubilee weekend - i.e. no need to take Monday or even Tuesday off!!

l8rs,

Nick :smile:
nickking

Post by nickking »

Just checked airline ticket prices, and am gobsmacked...

From London to Glasgow (going Saturday, and returning Monday late), some of the prices are as little as a fiver (returning Monday) - check out Ryanair & Easyjet.

Anyway, I'm up for it if it's confirmed, especially since I don't have to return to work until the Wednesday!!

Anyone else (assuming it's confirmed) - Pete, Markus, JD, Neil, etc?

l8rs,

Nick :wink:
Souflex

Post by Souflex »

JD, If 808 are confirmed then I'm comin over definately.

Maybe this time we can have a cake with our coffee, is that wot you mean?
markus

Post by markus »

Had a call from John (808s manager) last night and he said 808 are going to play the colours festival (although 808s booking agent is still waiting on the deposit from the organisers). I plan to go!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markus on 2002-04-04 02:25 ]</font>
nickking

Post by nickking »

Cool, let us know what sort of time you're going to be there, Markus, and I'll book the flights right away!!

Scotland here I come again... Although the first England World Cup game is on the Sunday morning at 6:30am - guess that's what hotel televisions are for, as I'm pretty certain that Glasweigan pubs are probably not the place to watch an England match!! :razz:

Anyway, plane tickets can be booked today - will worry about the hotel and event ticket later on! :grin:

l8rs,

McBain

Post by McBain »

Sounds like we've got an 808er outing going on. Certainly I'll be up for it.. hmm, maybe I should get my 808 t-shirt order in to Pete!

McB :cool:
JD

Post by JD »

This is good news as Colours really are good promoters and not a Mickey Mouse outfit like that Dundee crowd. A good indicator is that their big names almost always turn up.

Buckfast all round.

JD
nickking

Post by nickking »

BTW, there's a website for Braehead at http://www.braehead.co.uk/getting.htm

Gives a map and links to bus timetable...

l8rs,

dmp

Post by dmp »

The quickest way to Braehead from Glasgow Airport would be a taxi - it's only about 5 minutes. NB If you're flying Easyjet/Ryanair etc., you're probably coming into Prestwick Airport- which is in Ayrshire, about 50 minutes from Glasgow! There are Stagecoach/Citylink buses to Glasgow City Centre, and you can then get a direct bus to Braehead from there. The train from Prestwick Airport Station to Glasgow Central takes about 45 minutes.