Happy Birthday Nick King!

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Happy Birthday Nick King!

Post by markus »

Hope you had a nice one and have fun in B'ham seeing Gerald!
nickking

Post by nickking »

Cheers! 8)

I was going to go and see Homelife in Brighton but hotel prices over a Bank Holiday weekend put me off a little bit (150 quid for a night?? :x ).

The other problem with gigs over a Bank Holiday weekend is that the train network decides to shut down for repairs... So, if I was to go and see Gerald in Birmingham, it would take me 7 hours to get back on the Sunday morning (4.5 hours to wait for the first train to London, and a 4.5 hour train journey)... :x

So, I've decided to stay at home! :P
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

Happy birthday mate - your gift is on the way - I guess!
all the best
Pete
Mark

Post by Mark »

belated greetings Nick!
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Again, belated Birthday Wishes!

As you know I was pissing about in France for the week, but at least I got a quick couple of hours in Manchester on the way home, you didn't mention anything when I was talking to you from Affleck's on the mobile.

Hope you had a good one! :D
nickking

Post by nickking »

Cheers everyone - another year older... :D

BTW, John, did you find Dr Walsh's shop in Afflecks? His website seems to have disappeared (Dancechester.com)... :(
markus

Post by markus »

Yes, I've been wondering that too, it was Earth Day recently and no sign of Dr Walsh on the forum. :(
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Nope never found it in the end, found an interesting fetish clothing store on the top floor though. And my mate found some drug related paraphernalia he's been trying to find for ages. Didn't have much time left to make a dent in vinyl exchange, but found a copy of the shimmer cd single. :wink:
nickking

Post by nickking »

Ancodia wrote:Nope never found it in the end, found an interesting fetish clothing store on the top floor though. And my mate found some drug related paraphernalia he's been trying to find for ages. Didn't have much time left to make a dent in vinyl exchange, but found a copy of the shimmer cd single. :wink:
F***in' hell, you mean there's another copy out there in the world??? :P

You lucky git - that and the Mohamed CD single are the two items I'm constantly searching for (apart from the possibly non-existent 'Extended Pleasures Of Dance' CD single)... :wink:

If you find another copy, then let me know, and I'll likewise let you know if there's another ZANG35CD around! 8)
markus

Post by markus »

I think John's having a laugh, even though it's not 1st April. :)
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:I think John's having a laugh, even though it's not 1st April. :)
I wouldn't be surprised if he did find a copy, because I'd guess that no one else knows the true scarcity of it apart from fans like us... :)

So, the chances of finding a copy for about 25p in a second hand shop (or the Mohamed CD single) is a distinct possibility!

After all, I managed to grab a copy of '2 Fat Ladies & A Duck' for (if memory serves me correctly) a fiver! 8)

Spill the beans John, did you manage to find a copy? :P
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Sorry to get your hopes up Nick, I think it would be an absolute miracle if in the three hours I spent in Manchester that I could find such a rare item. Especially when I couldn't even find Dancechester, assuming it still exists. Where is the good doctor these days? I hope he still not depressed at having not been the automatic replacement for Eccleston, he'll just have to have to finish his studies so people talking about him can say "Doctor Who?"

If i'd had any more time I would have given the boys a shout for a drink, but I was only passing through.

L8RS,
John
nickking

Post by nickking »

Ancodia wrote:Sorry to get your hopes up Nick, I think it would be an absolute miracle if in the three hours I spent in Manchester that I could find such a rare item. Especially when I couldn't even find Dancechester, assuming it still exists. Where is the good doctor these days? I hope he still not depressed at having not been the automatic replacement for Eccleston, he'll just have to have to finish his studies so people talking about him can say "Doctor Who?"

If i'd had any more time I would have given the boys a shout for a drink, but I was only passing through.

L8RS,
John
Ah well, so than that still leaves only one person that I know of that's got the Shimmer CD single (Smiley)...

Surely, someone else must have bought it at the time??? :)