Belfast - 04 DEC 2004

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Belfast - 04 DEC 2004

Post by markus »

Belfast DJ gig reports please John
:)
Ancodia

Barely Sober Now!

Post by Ancodia »

Some great music including dropping Cubik if I remember correctly, lots of beer, some more beer, some smoke(see pictures), some more beer. The crowd really got into the music, and if it wasn't for Andy being so heavy on the smoke machine we might have gotten some photos of the crowd. At one point you couldn't even make out the label on the 12 that Daz was playing. There was a guy pounding away on the bongos (sorry I forgot his name) but I couldn't persuade Daz to have a go. A really good vibe to the night in general, and a big shout out to Greg and the boys for a great time. With a litle luck this could quite easily happen again, and Belfast would be the better for it.
Some photos will follow shortly, just had an extra gig dropped on me so the pressure is mounting. As if just getting my kids what they wanted for christmas wasn't enough?

L8RS,
John
markus

Post by markus »

OK, so it took a while, I had to narrow down John's 5000 pictures to 56 :)
808 State DJs in Belfast 4 Dec 2004

Next up: 808 State DJs in Amsterdam pix :)
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

I look so friggin' wrecked in some of those, but then we did empty the beer fridge three or four times amongst other things. Unless my memory fails me which wouldn't surprise me after that night, Greg who was responsible for the night is the guy in the red at the back in the last photo.

John

PS Let's not forget about the Kebab Teacher T-Shirt
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Nice one John, Great Pics

I would love to see the other 4944 pics, come on Markus there must be enough space on the server :wink:
nickking

Post by nickking »

Ancodia wrote:PS Let's not forget about the Kebab Teacher T-Shirt
Ah yes, finally got round to getting one of those at the Homelife gig in London last year - a classic - I take it you've seen the video?

Fantastic pictures, btw! :D
markus

Post by markus »

You going to Carlow to see the 808 DJs then John? (wait for the excuse, readers) ;)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Well, even though John is from Northern Ireland, I did find the following pretty amusing (from an Irish tourist site):

"Most Irish people don't even know where Carlow is. Show us a map of Ireland, and nine out of ten of us, although we are aware of its existence, will take more than five minutes to find it. Given the Irish mentality, that means we'll have given up long before we point to a little place right next to Co. Wexford, on the road to Dublin."

:P
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Very good Markus, if it was the Saturday you couldn't stop me. But I'm still trying to get this Friday Night going and really can't afford to have someone cover at this early stage, at least it's paying the bills. Of course if the gig goes on until six in the morning, I could always make the last hour.

John

Let's be honest, if it takes to long to find the bar (or town), then we'll just have to go to different bar!

PS I at least knew it was south of Dublin, but that was about it!