Video Game Freaks

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

SteveC wrote:I bought San Andreas for PC, can't even get past the spray can part, and with no other missions to do until thats complete, Im stuck. In other words like most games Ive given up
The locations of the tags you need to spray are shown on the map. I think there were 3 to do and they were all in close proximity to CJ's house, either in Ganton or Idlewood.

Hope this helps.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I think theres 100 to do, I get 3 then have to go in the car elsewhere, I get one more then the cops just chase and kill me as I try to get to the next one. I'll have another go.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i'm stuck on the same set of missions - one where you have to chase a train and shoot some guys off it - another where you have to rescue sweet from a shootout. i can't get to grips with the targeting system, when i let go of the target button im always facing the wrong way :-?

at the moment i'm also playing 'frequency' - cool game. stuck on advanced level tho..
808state's Tartan Army

SteveC wrote:I think theres 100 to do, I get 3 then have to go in the car elsewhere, I get one more then the cops just chase and kill me as I try to get to the next one. I'll have another go.
After the first 3 tags you can do the others whenever you like, whatever stage of the game you are at. There are also 50 horseshoes to collect, 50 oysters to collect and 50 photos to take. You will be introduced to photos during the final Los Santos mission before you are sent to San Fierro. You can do these whenever you like and not doing it does not affect your progress in the game. I've only just done horseshoes and oysters and I haven't started photos yet. Unfortunately, I don't have any cheats for the PC version to help you with avoiding the cops.

PS2 users: To remove your wanted stars at any time press R1,R1,Circle,R2,Up,Down,Up,Down,Up,Down.

To restore your health and armour bars at any time press R1,R2,L1,X,Up,Down,Left,Right,Up,Down,Left,Right. This cheat also gives you $250,000.
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

I've been playing Doom for the last weeks, Doom I is over, I'm kicking asses in Doom II now.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Currently playing a variety of BBC B games (using a PC emulator) - just played Sabre Wulf and won it - after just two games! 8)
solarex

Post by solarex »

Still sitting on Vice City, but got fed up with it a couple of weeks ago and taking a break.

I would love to say that I have picked up one of the old C64 favourites, but it's actually awhile since I have played those too.

One of the next games is for sure Splinter Cell 3. I am a big fan and have made it through the previous two ones. Hooked.
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

I finished the first Splinter Cell just recently and I gotta tell you I'm hooked as well! I started Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and have been playing that quite a bit. I intend to play Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow next. :D
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i didn't like splinter cell 1 at all, but i was bought pandora tomorrow as a gift so felt obliged to see it thru, and loved it. took me ages to do the very last level though. would appreciate feedback on 3 to see if its worth getting.

in my never ending quest to finish all my games i've just started silent hill 3 again.
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

solarex wrote: I would love to say that I have picked up one of the old C64 favourites, but it's actually awhile since I have played those too.
Do you mean Commodore 64?
808state's Tartan Army

I've got a Commodore 64 in my attic. I always used to play Miami Vice and Ghostbusters. Total cheese but excellent fun. "He slimed me!" :P
Ancodia

We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg

Post by Ancodia »

Miami Vice was an absolutely dire game and ghostbusters was far too easy. Green Beret was an excellant side scrolling platformer, and of course lets not forget about the early days of 8-bit gaming and the Miner Willy games.
Now I'm feeling quite old, that was back in 1983 and now I play Manic Miner on my sons GBA!

John
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

plus of course, the music on the C64 was something else. we used to buy games purely based on who had done the tunes. still listen to them thanks to sidplay.

i think parallax and the sentinal were my fave 64 games. just got an emulator to play mercenary but man its hard.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Match Day for the Speccy was fantastic, as was Jet Set Willy.

Looking forward to Resident Evil 4, Nov 4 release date.
808state's Tartan Army

Ancodia wrote:Miami Vice was an absolutely dire game and ghostbusters was far too easy. Green Beret was an excellant side scrolling platformer, and of course lets not forget about the early days of 8-bit gaming and the Miner Willy games.
Now I'm feeling quite old, that was back in 1983 and now I play Manic Miner on my sons GBA!

John
True, Miami Vice was shit but I still played it. The car was impossible to drive very far without crashing. My mate had Green Beret and Operation Wolf.