Video Game Freaks

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Just Got 'Taito Legends' for the PS2 and after I was able to drag myself away from Bubble Bobble. I found Operation Wolf, how on earth did we play it without the gun. Only barely managed to get through the first level using the joypad.

John
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Ancodia wrote:Just Got 'Taito Legends' for the PS2 and after I was able to drag myself away from Bubble Bobble. I found Operation Wolf, how on earth did we play it without the gun. Only barely managed to get through the first level using the joypad.

John
With great difficulty! I don't think either of us did very well at it. I didn't know you could get a gun accessory for the C64.

I'm almost tempted to dig it out of the attic and have another shot of it. However, my brother is getting Burnout4: Revenge for the PS2 soon so I think I'll be playing that a lot.
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Could have been a little clearer there, I meant the gun on the Arcade version.

J
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

You guys, that brings back memories!! How about Spyhunter, Maniac Mansion, Fairlight, Master of Magic, and Skate or Die? :D My husband made cassette tapes of all kinds of Commodore music. He actually found an emulator so you can play C64 games on your PC! Pretty funny to go back and play those again!
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Spyhunter with Peter Gunn fabulous game another of my arcade favs along with Tron and Galaga. I'm going off to sulk, now that all these memories are making me feel old.

J
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

Awww...it's ok, I'm old, too!
One of my favorite arcade games was Tempest. It had a ball instead of a joystick.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i remember tempest! great game. there was a cool update on the PS1 'Tempest X' that added some new features and trippy graphics, which is worth checking out.
solarex

Post by solarex »

For the Commodore 64 (emulated on PC) one game for 10 minutes of fun I have played in later years is Blue Max.
808state's Tartan Army

SnowLeopardess wrote:You guys, that brings back memories!! How about Spyhunter, Maniac Mansion, Fairlight, Master of Magic, and Skate or Die? :D My husband made cassette tapes of all kinds of Commodore music. He actually found an emulator so you can play C64 games on your PC! Pretty funny to go back and play those again!
Was Skate or Die the game where you had to skateboard away from a swarm of killer bees? If so, then I've played that as well. Although I don't remember that being the name of the game.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i think that one was called '720 degrees'.
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

Skate or Die was kind of like the Tony Hawk series. You had to do tricks on a skateboard and got points for them. There was freestyle ramp, high jump, downhill race, downhill jam and pool joust.
808state's Tartan Army

Rodders wrote:i think that one was called '720 degrees'.
That's the one! :D

You would finish a round and suddenly "Skate or Die" would flash up on the screen and you would have to skate like hell to get away from the swarm of killer bees!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i've actually just finished a game! jak II - renegade on PS2. great game, and the ending made me want to go and play the first one again (which i've started doing). also playing killzone, loving it, can't wait to get it online.

has anyone bought RE4 for PS2 yet?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yep Rodders, just started it, won't give anything away but it looks absolutely superb.
SnowLeopardess

Post by SnowLeopardess »

Rodders wrote:i've actually just finished a game! jak II - renegade on PS2. great game, and the ending made me want to go and play the first one again (which i've started doing). also playing killzone, loving it, can't wait to get it online.

has anyone bought RE4 for PS2 yet?
I was stuck for a long time in Jak 2! Remember the Drill Platform when your sitting in that turret fighting all the flying baddies? I finally went back to it and got through it! I will probably play more of it when I finish Star Ocean Till the End of Time.