Leila mp3 (Massey production)

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Leila mp3 (Massey production)

Post by markus »

In 1998 Graham did some guitar work for Rephlex artist Leila Arab on the track (Too Much) Heaven On Their Minds. Vocals by Luca Santucci. This was a cover version of 'Heaven On Their Minds' from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar. Here's what discogs.com has to say about it:

"Was never released due to the writers of the song taking out an injunction.
Side A is a version of the song from 'Jesus Christ Superstar'.
The CDR and 12" white label versions are limited to 25 each, and were given out to relatives and friends by Leila."
Tracklisting:
A Heaven On Their Minds
B Have I Had You?

Our trusty agent Nick found out that the track can be found on Leila's website! Not giving you the direct link to the mp3, browse the site, it's worth it.

Question for Graham: were you involved on the b-side (Have I Had You?) too? Sounds very much as if you may have been to me.

Has anyone got this white label or CD-R? Both Nick and I don't, shocking, I know :)

Leila in 808's studio 101, August 1998:
graham

Post by graham »

Oh I did nt know she d put it up ..No it was only the Too much heaven Track I worked a bit on (mostly guitar )
There was an earlier session (before Like Weather) that was done at Zombie studios (Phil Kirbys) but that was never released
Then I did some Mixing for Luca's unreleased album at Plaids studio
in 2001 i think ,
There was once a documentary on late night Chanel four about Liela
any one see that?
graham

Post by graham »

Not shure there was an injunction on Too Much Heaven, Id heard That Andrew Lloyd Weber had heard it and liked it,but wanted to replace the vocals with one of his guys ,I ll have to ask Liela bout that
graham

Post by graham »

Oh I did nt know she d put it up ..No it was only the Too much heaven Track I worked a bit on (mostly guitar )
There was an earlier session (before Like Weather) that was done at Zombie studios (Phil Kirbys) but that was never released
Then I did some Mixing for Luca's unreleased album at Plaids studio
in 2001 i think ,
There was once a documentary on late night Chanel four about Liela
any one see that?
mathias

Re: Leila mp3 (Massey production)

Post by mathias »

that's cool! ;-) thanks 4 the in4mations! ;-)
i love leila & love his music, but it's the only single (cd-r or 12") i never listen & never knew that we can 2 find some mp3 on leila's website... otherwise i'm a big leila's fan & got all her albums & maxis-singles, except this Heaven On Their Minds... :-(