808 on tv in 89/90

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

matski

Post by matski »

BBC2 used to have a music prog on in the evening which showed mainly vid's of tunes. 808 State with MC Tunes was on there doing a version of Dance Yourself To Death that was so much better than the released b side. To jog anyone's mem they were all in a cellar, 808 surrounded by a bank of keyboards, monitors and decks with Tunes in front. Does anyone know how I can get hold of this footage or tune, or does anyone know what I am talking about!!
PHILTERFORM

Post by PHILTERFORM »

i think it was on 'behind the beat' or def 2 i had it on vhs but it was at me parents back then, probably buried in a landfill site by now.also did you see the cans of lager they were drinking 'breaker' i think. they had only just come out in manchester(the lager obviously) ill ask me mates if they have a copy
PHILTERFORM

Post by PHILTERFORM »

also i think there was a house guy from huddersfield on that particular show (hotline) i think he was called
PHILTERFORM

Post by PHILTERFORM »

just found this on the bbc web site
Dave Pearce Biog

Dave Pearce has a long record as a DJ on pirate, commercial and BBC radio, and in the clubs. His first taste of radio came in 1981 as a DJ on the popular pirate station Radio Jackie in South London, while he was still at school.

Dave's passion for dance and black music saw him grab an opportunity to work behind the scenes at BBC Radio London where he persuaded bosses to give him a late night show playing all the top club tunes. He then helped create the BBC's first hip hop show, which became a cult late night show and helped launch the careers of previously unknown rap acts.

After Dave persuaded the BBC station to hook up with top New York station WBLS for live satellite shows, he was approached by BBC television to help create their first dance show 'Behind The Beat'. He went on to present a nightly show for young Londoners on BBC GLR for 3 years, focusing on dance, acid house and rap.
graham

Post by graham »

snub tv ,was the TV show
PHILTERFORM

Post by PHILTERFORM »

i could have sworn it.... anyway thanks graham .it was a long time ago!
matski

Post by matski »

Now we just need to find a copy of it! I think the same episode had Depth Charge's Bounty Killers video. I'd like to see that again. Thanks for the posts.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i have the snub tv apperance on video - luvly jubbly