Eclipse @ Junction Cambridge 18/03/06

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Semprini

Eclipse @ Junction Cambridge 18/03/06

Post by Semprini »

I've just seen noticed on the Junction website that 808 State are down to play an Eclipse (remember them!!!) party on saturday 18th March :D
It doesn't say whether it is a DJ or live set and I was wondering if Graham or anyone else could shed any light on the matter?

The full line up also includes Altern8, Shades of Rhythm, Top Buzz, Slipmatt and Stuart Banks. I only live an hour away and will definitely be checking it out if it is a live set as it's been a LONG time since I last saw the boys - cities in the park to be precise.

Link
markus

Post by markus »

That would be a DJ set. As soon as the DJs are confirmed by the booking agent, it will appear on the live page.
markus

Post by markus »

Now confirmed. Live page has been updated. Could someone who's going please e-mail the venue at info@junction.co.uk or call the box office at 01223 511 511 and tell them to promote the event properly, e.g. it's a DJ set by 808 State and not a live date? Cheers. Oh and while you're at it could you find out if Altern8 and Shades of Rhythm are live or DJ sets too?
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:Now confirmed. Live page has been updated. Could someone who's going please e-mail the venue at info@junction.co.uk or call the box office at 01223 511 511 and tell them to promote the event properly, e.g. it's a DJ set by 808 State and not a live date? Cheers. Oh and while you're at it could you find out if Altern8 and Shades of Rhythm are live or DJ sets too?
Altern8 are definitely a DJ/MC set, as they can't play PA's - the rights are owned by the one who left (or something like that)...

Shades Of Rhythm supposedly did a live set last Saturday, but dunno...?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Well, I'm definitely going to this one (even if I can't make the London one).

Pete - you still going to this? :)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Hotel booked (Travel Lodge, Cambridge Central) - in the same street as The Junction for a tenner a night! 8)

Ticket pre-booked - collecting at the venue.

All sorted! :D
Semprini

Post by Semprini »

I'm pretty certain i'll be going to this but i'm a bit p***** off as the Travelodge is now 66 pounds a night :x I looked the other night and it was 26 pounds and the next time I went up it had gone up to full price.

I've been to the junction a few times before and the Travelodge is practically next door which is why i'll go for that rather than some of the guesthouses mentioned on the junction website. It says about an NCP car park nearby but there is an industrial estate on the right as you come up to the venue which has loads of parking spaces. This is where i've parked in the past but i've never stayed overnight before so i can't comment on how safe it is. Having said that this is where i'm going to park.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Flyer for the night (via ebay) - I'll try and pick up a better quality version on the night - certainly not going to bid on an auction for it!

hazydayz

Post by hazydayz »

Few of the HazyDayz crew are coming down tonight, hope to see you there :D

Ste
http://www.hazydayz.com
mrnex

Post by mrnex »

nickking wrote:
markus wrote:Now confirmed. Live page has been updated. Could someone who's going please e-mail the venue at info@junction.co.uk or call the box office at 01223 511 511 and tell them to promote the event properly, e.g. it's a DJ set by 808 State and not a live date? Cheers. Oh and while you're at it could you find out if Altern8 and Shades of Rhythm are live or DJ sets too?
Altern8 are definitely a DJ/MC set, as they can't play PA's - the rights are owned by the one who left (or something like that)...

Shades Of Rhythm supposedly did a live set last Saturday, but dunno...?
We are dj'ing - myself and mkone - he may pick up the mic if he's feeling the vibe - but the rights thing isn't that clean cut dude... The one who 'left' wouldn't be happy if we did a pa - and i'm not getting into no bay city rollers style court cases - lmao ;)
BUNKERHEADZ
Location: Zaanstad (Netherlands) the suburbs of AMSTERDAM. . . .

Post by BUNKERHEADZ »

FFS, you are to be found everywhere Mark ;)
mrnex

Post by mrnex »

BUNKERHEADZ wrote:FFS, you are to be found everywhere Mark ;)
I think we need a colour check on the pots and kettles in isle 3 - ahhh - as i thought - Black! - lmao ;)
BUNKERHEADZ
Location: Zaanstad (Netherlands) the suburbs of AMSTERDAM. . . .

Post by BUNKERHEADZ »

LOL! :D
frohike

Post by frohike »

i went to this event, its was a top night but andy only seemed to play for about half an hour sandwiched in between full sets by altern8 and shades of rhythm.
deeman72

Post by deeman72 »

dont forget to check out their website for further eclipse events at www.groove2.co.uk

i think there is going to be another event soon!