808 DJs @ Hacienda Halleluja night 13 May 06

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

808 DJs @ Hacienda Halleluja night 13 May 06

Post by markus »

As mentioned in the previous Hacienda Hot Night topic, the next Hacienda night @ the Manchester Academy will be held on Saturday 13 May 06.
Waiting on Oliver Wilson for the full line-up, but it appears that A Guy Called Gerald will be doing a DJ set too! Should be another top night :)
nickking

Post by nickking »

From the Manchester Academy website:

"FAC 471: HALLELUJAH

A CELEBRATION OF MADCHESTER featuring: SHAUN RYDER + BEZ + JON DA SILVA + 808 STATE + A GUY CALLED GERALD"

Tickets available here

Shouldn't they be told that it's a DJ set, and not live? :x
wilsonhouse

Academy event

Post by wilsonhouse »

Hi guys. I can confirm the line up that someone else has posted previously. 808 State is indeed a DJ set, and will be advertised as such. I haven't done any press releases yet so not sure how the word has got out but hope to see you all there!!

More info coming in the next few weeks.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Cool - I'm seriously considering going up for this, considering how I've managed to miss both of the recent 808 DJ Sets down south (despite having tickets)... :x
wilsonhouse

FAC 471: Hallelujah - A Celebration of Madchester

Post by wilsonhouse »

Wilson House Presents:
In association with 97.7 XFM Manchester:

FAC 471:

HALLELUJAH – A CELEBRATION OF MADCHESTER

Featuring:

Shaun Ryder
Jon Da Silva
Bez
A Guy Called Gerald
808 State
+ Very special guests

Hallelujah: - As the summer sun rises over Madchester once again, acid-fuelled memories of baggy pants, bandanas and smiley-face t shirts become reality, and the city gets ready to party like its 1988. Think back to the days when Mondays were Happy, 808 was the name of a state and pills, thrills and bellyaches were welcomed - to an era that produced the most definitive soundtrack ever, for each generation to follow. 808 State, Jon Da Silva and A Guy Called Gerald lead the revolution in the clubs, while the Reverend Shaun Ryder and his counterpart the Freaky Dancin’ Bez lead the revolution on the stage. And for one summer evening only, Madchester is back “in the area”, with all five legendary outfits taking to the stage once more - for the party of the decade…. And God made Madchester.

Saturday 13th May 2006
10pm till 3.30am
Madchester Academy 1
Oxford Road
Madchester
Tickets £17.50

www.ticketline.co.uk
Student union box office - 0161 275 2930
Piccadilly Box Office St Annes Sq. - 0161 832 1111
Eastern Bloc – 0161 228 6432

Dress code: Baggy Jeans, Bandanas, Smiley Face T-Shirts, Whistles & Horns
nickking

Post by nickking »

Shaun Ryder now not appearing - Clint Boon and Anthony Wilson added.

808 State DJ set
A Guy Called Gerald
Jon Da Silva
Bez
Clint Boon
Anthony Wilson

+ Very special guests
markus

Post by markus »

New flyer:
Last edited by markus on 09 May 2006 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
TurboManc

Post by TurboManc »

nikking wrote:
TurboManc wrote:
I'm coming...

It'll be the 4th time that i've seen 808 State... I can't wait!!

A DJ set, not a live set, though... :)
Sorry for posting in the wrong section, i knew that it was a DJ set on Saturday, rather than a "LIVE" set.

I have experienced both and enjoyed both!!
nickking

Post by nickking »

TurboManc wrote:
nikking wrote:
TurboManc wrote:
I'm coming...

It'll be the 4th time that i've seen 808 State... I can't wait!!

A DJ set, not a live set, though... :)
Sorry for posting in the wrong section, i knew that it was a DJ set on Saturday, rather than a "LIVE" set.

I have experienced both and enjoyed both!!
No probs - just so you know! :)

I *really* must get down to experience another 808 DJ set at some point - missed both the London and Cambridge ones recently... :x
wilsonhouse

Post by wilsonhouse »

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday night. 808 are on from 10.30.

Wilson House

:wink:
markus

Post by markus »

Any reports? Pix? Thoughts?
TurboManc

Post by TurboManc »

Brilliant night!!!! :D I'm still recovering now, my legs are aching and I'm still really tired. The tunage was excellent from The 808 Boys and all the other acts/DJ's. I'm just trying to think of some of the different songs that everyone played now, but here's what i can remember so far (in no particular order): Pacific (twice - at the beginning & near the end), Blue Monday, Loaded, Unbelievable, Fools Gold, Voodoo Ray, Yeke Yeke, Out Of Space, Step On, Hallelujah... (plus many many more)

I took a few pics on my phone, but not all of them came out very well. I got one short video clip of Bez jumping up & down on stage.
wilsonhouse

Post by wilsonhouse »

Hope everyone that went had a good time. The venue wasn't as full as the one in December but there were a massive amount of smiles in the place which is the most important thing! :D

Great DJ set by 808 and Mc'ing by Alfonso.

"Manchester Vibes in the Area"

Many thanks,

Oliver
markus

Post by markus »

TurboManc wrote:Brilliant night!!!! :D I'm still recovering now, my legs are aching and I'm still really tired. The tunage was excellent from The 808 Boys and all the other acts/DJ's. I'm just trying to think of some of the different songs that everyone played now, but here's what i can remember so far (in no particular order): Pacific (twice - at the beginning & near the end), Blue Monday, Loaded, Unbelievable, Fools Gold, Voodoo Ray, Yeke Yeke, Out Of Space, Step On, Hallelujah... (plus many many more)

I took a few pics on my phone, but not all of them came out very well. I got one short video clip of Bez jumping up & down on stage.
Cheers TurboManc. I'm sending you a PM, if you'd like to share any images. By the way, what was (A Guy Called) Gerald like?
markus

Post by markus »

Bez & Fonzo, courtesy of Chris (TurboManc)