808state live @ Bloom Festival 13 Aug 2006

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Im sure it'll be back to normal by Saturday, fingers crossed. Markus I'd start swimming now just in case :wink:
nickking

Post by nickking »

From BBC News:

"Passengers will remain subject to the new security processes we therefore ask anybody intending to fly tomorrow and over the weekend should arrive at the airport prepared.

"This means arriving with no hand luggage, bringing those items allowed into the cabin in a clear plastic bag and being prepared for delays."

----

So, in hand luggage:

"All cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage and carried in the hold of passenger aircraft departing UK airports.

Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following items. Nothing may be carried in pockets:

- Pocket-size wallets and pocket-size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags)

- Travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets)

- Prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (eg, diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic

- Spectacles and sunglasses, without cases

- Contact lens holders, without bottles of solution

- For those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags)

- Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes)

- Tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs

- Keys (but no electrical key fobs). All passengers must be hand searched, and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be X-ray screened.

- Pushchairs and walking aids must be X-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs may pass through the screening point."
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Does anyone know the name of the nearest transparent bag shop?
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

The Transparent BagsRUs shop next to the Leftorium.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Hows it going with the flights guys. Im travelling half way today, staying at friends, will leave Sunday morning to get there for after 11, hope to see you there.
markus

Post by markus »

A lot of flights in and out of London cancelled, tomorrow too. I'm hoping things will have cleared up by Sunday morning, which is when I'm flying.
graham

Post by graham »

were on at 11 till 12 midnight.
dont be expecting glastonbury,its quite a small "boutique "festival
(never heard that one before)
really nice place though,we did big chill there in 2000 with Homelife
its got all these greek temples and shakespearian stages.
markus

Post by markus »

So is this the list of people going?

nickking
markus
Pete
Ancodia
SteveC
Jonnycab
Rodders?

If anyone needs a Cities In The Park shirt, send me a private message and I'll bring one along. See you all there, hopefully...
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

According to FlyBe's site I should only be delayed by 30 minutes at the most. Happy Days!

See you in the bar...

...oh that's right, I have to pick you up at the station first!

John

PS. All passengers should ensure their iPods are safely stowed in the boot of the car (as you will be subject to the tasteless selection of music from your captain), airhirecar is a non-smoking flight unless you actually open the window! We will be mostly flying at an altitude of zero feet, depending on how many speed cameras are enroute! Please bring your own Sick & Transparent Bags!
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

Im popping over as well. Hope to bump into someone - Im sure you will all stand out.

Looking forward to it.
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

Got to be at work at 6am - thats not so good!!
Pob

Post by Pob »

Let's have a report then.....

(Isn't 10 hours enough for you to get back, get some sleep, upload photo's and write a report? Tsk.)
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

You'll get a report depending on how good a night Steve had in his van, or when Pete finally catches up on his sleep (sorry Pete) and gets access to a computer. I'm working through my photos now. Good to see some 808 virgins in Badgerman, Johnnycab & his missus.

John
markus

Post by markus »

Just got back and need to get to bed. Huge respect to 808state and the 808 firm, Ancodia flying in (and driving us around), Pete, Nick & SteveC working on their gig-attending list as ever and newbies Badgerman & JohnnyCab.

Setlist:

Intro 80808 Techno City
Doctors & Nurses
Fuzz Nasty
Cobra Bora
Pacific
Long Orange
In Yer Face
Invader
Quincy's Lunch
Cubik
Encore: Mondays (!)

Musicians: Paddy Steer (bass) and new very good drummer: Carl.

Conditions: cold but dry!

Everyone who took pictures please sort out the best ones get in touch with me to organise uploading.
Last edited by markus on 16 Aug 2006 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Pob

Post by Pob »

What a set! Jeez! Long Orange, Cobra Bora, Invader and In Yer Face in the same set.

Can't wait for the report/pics/possible mp3.

:D