808state live @ Bloom Festival 13 Aug 2006

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

Nobody has come forward with pix yet (as everyone seems really busy), here are two I took on my mobile, in the meantime:

Last edited by markus on 16 Aug 2006 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
markus

Post by markus »

markus

Post by markus »

OK, here's a first batch, taken by 808's photographer, Lord Ancodia:

markus

Post by markus »

markus

Post by markus »

Paddy
markus

Post by markus »

Carl
markus

Post by markus »

markus

Post by markus »

markus

Post by markus »

Andy, returning to stage after nature had called :)
markus

Post by markus »

Still waiting for pix from Pete, SteveC & Nick. Well and Daz, if he can work it out :)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Just left the site, ha!!

What a surreal day, awesome. Woke up Monday morning as if it were all a dream, been in an 808 bubble ever since and am still on cloud 'plan' 9.

Hope we didn't intrude too much on 808. HUGE HUGE thanks for making this a very special day for all those that attended.

Funniest moment for me was ordering 5 Cobra Boras at the bar by mistake (instead of Cobra lager) the barwoman was totally confused.

Will send pics later, Markus thanks so much.
Jonnycab

Post by Jonnycab »

It was an absolutely amazing day - well worth all the travelling. The set was brilliant and it was great meeting the forum crew (top blokes all of you) and the 808 boys. Even Steph, newly converted 808 fan, really enjoyed the day and was listening to 808 88:98 when I got back from work last night.

Hope there is more to come in the future. Bring it on!
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

What a fantastic night!

Cant believe I have'nt seen 808 State play before.

What an opener - a fully steroid injected Donkey of a track, so beefy that the 808 Donkey was moo-ing!
Doctors & Nurses - Brilliant.
Fuzz Nasty -was lively-a tiny bit let down by lack of sound on Grahams playing - with the volume on the Sax kicking in near the end of the track - but even so it sounded great. What is the vocal from? is it a record or Sample? - works really well with the track.
Cobra Bora-Oh yes.
Pacific - one more time!! -just as you thought it was finishing.
Long Orange, In Yer Face and Invader all in a row!! By this time I was dancing like mentalist along with most of the crowd.
Quincy's Lunch-think the 808 drummer should have been paid extra for that - what a great ending (like the weird sounds in the middle as well - what are they - almost like guitar or a record played fast?).
CUBIK - What an ending can still feel the bass now - all those poor little furry animals in the woods with bleeding ears!!.

Didnt recognise the encore as Mondays it sounded different live (with Graham on vocals) it was a great wind -down track. Wasnt expecting an encore - what a treat.

What can I say as a 808 State (live) Virgin I couldnt of asked for a better set - a cracking set list. And a nice up close and personal performance - what a brilliant first experience.

It was nice to bump into everyone that was there - even though it was only for a few minutes. Hope I didnt come across as a bit ignorant, I was in a rush, had to be up for work at 4.45am and didnt want to get stuck behind monged out drivers on thoses roads. Hope to see you all in the future sometime.

To sum up - the 808 Bloom set worked well, sounded fantastic and had the best tracks I could have wished for. It will make me more moany for good quality releases or Downloads of the following live versions: IYF, Fuzz Nasty- essential, and also now Quincy and perhaps the next download on the site could be Donkey Doctor - as that live version rocks. And what would be great would be a good quality CD of a live set. With hopefully the same tracks that were played on Sunday. Was Sunday recorded?

Any way I have had a fantastic Summer Seeing both Daz and Andy Dj set and 808 live all on my doorstep - a huge thankyou to 808!!!!!
markus

Post by markus »

Here are a few taken by SteveC.
With this registration plate, Steve thought that this was the 808 tourbus (who wouldn't) - but it wasn't! Who's is it?

markus

Post by markus »

Someone doing an interview with Andy. Who and for which mag?