Mike Pickering, Peter Hook, etc.

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Eddie

Mike Pickering, Peter Hook, etc.

Post by Eddie »

'sjips' Wrong topic, Markus, can U help me out? Was ment for 'upcoming events in Amsterdam'!

Anyone been to Mike Pickering @NDSM on 28th?

Attended New Order @Wembley friday 27th (nice 808-tune and other Manchester-stuff between Maximo Park and New Order), came back saturday in the afternoon. Found out that Hacienda-dj Mike Pickering was @NDSM, 'just around the corner' of my house.
Would have been a real nice afterparty, but..........other things to do.
So, anyone been there?

(MP made one of the compilation-disks in the New Order Retro box)
markus

Post by markus »

Hi Eddie, I wish there was a way to merge topics, but never mind. Back to your question. Yes, I was at OWAP! :) :) :) It was pretty good, IMHO much better than last year (Danny Rampling). Pickering and Park were on top form and very obviously enjoying themselves. Moreso than last time I saw them at the Hacienda Hot night just under a year ago. Every tune they played they were waving their hands in the air, reaching for the sky... I guess the set will be on vpro 3voor12 as a stream pretty soon. Mark Moore played a very nice set too.
It's a very large space though, and as such no longer an intimate party. There were quite a few sound volume problems too.
Eddie

Peter Hook

Post by Eddie »

Markus,

Went to Absolute Music party last week in Rotterdam.
Went there to see Peter Hook, performing as dj.
His set was ok, but tough competition.
Check his story at www.myspace.com/peterhookneworder

Anyway, I met Peter, made a little conversation, which was nice.

cu in amsterdam somewhere?
markus

Re: Peter Hook

Post by markus »

Eddie wrote:Markus,

Went to Absolute Music party last week in Rotterdam.
Went there to see Peter Hook, performing as dj.
His set was ok, but tough competition.
Check his story at www.myspace.com/peterhookneworder

Anyway, I met Peter, made a little conversation, which was nice.

cu in amsterdam somewhere?
Hi Eddie, I've edited the name of the topic, this is getting weird :-)
Yes, I skipped Rotterdam as I had heard from a friend that Hooky's DJing in Zurich had been slightly embarrassing, well hardly anyone showed up for it.
Don't think any Factory related things are coming up, but I'll be at 5daysoff.nl , you too?
Eddie

Re: Peter Hook

Post by Eddie »

Would love to see Trentemoller, but that's on sunday, not an option for me this time. But Guru was cancelled yesterday, with the refund I bought tickets for Underworld. They will play @HMH in november.
markus wrote:Don't think any Factory related things are coming up, but I'll be at 5 Days Off , you too?