Prebuild

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Prebuild

Post by markus »

Discuss the Prebuild album release here. Official release date still 4th October, but it has started popping up in various places :)

Other topics (now locked) on this subject have been:

Prebuild...I've got it!
http://www.808state.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=987

important prebuild question
http://www.808state.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=967

prebuild tracklist
http://www.808state.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=976
markus

Post by markus »

bump :)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Very nice interview with Graham on Prebuild (and New Order)
here.

l8rs,

Nick ;)
nickking

Post by nickking »

And a nice review off The Big Chill site here:

http://www.bigchill.net/story.html?id=956

and another from Boomkat:

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?merchID=15139

l8rs,

Nick ;)
markus

Post by markus »

Album of the week at Boomkat.
Warpmart finally have it.
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:Warpmart finally have it.
You know, I have a feeling that demand was much greater than supply - i.e. that Rephlex didn't know it was going to sell that many records... Could be the reason why Warpmart didn't have any in stock until Friday?

Anyway, at least they have this to say about Prebuild:

"Top recommendation - excellent new release from Rephlex, encompassing a range of recordings from the New Build era of 808 State - scratchy home recordings, live pieces, and incredible sounding studio outtakes. Available on CD and double LP"

Nice! 8)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just been to HMV today, done my bit for the cause and bought the New Order 12" at £4.99 cos its charted apparently!

I asked to pre-order Prebuild so my Mum could pick it up for me during the week. The girl at the counter had to check on the database (she looked about 16 and probably didn't know who 808 were) she searched for Threebuild, Freebuild and finally got it right and they said it was already in stock (Only had 1 showing) but they couldn't put it out till Monday, how annoying!!! Anyway have reserved it and Mum is picking it up for me hopefully Monday.

God love HMV, they try at least.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

watford's hmv and virgin wankastore didn't stock the 12", so doubt they'll have the CD tomorrow!
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

Bought Prebuild today at Taunton both MVC and Virgin well stocked (more than one copy each - which is good for down here! (got Radio as well). Its been a good couple of weeks for 808 fans.

Would love some new material, perhaps an EP - as past couple of new releases have only had one new track on (except cd version of invader). Wouldnt it be great to have a four track or even a 6 tracker (like quadrastate) on vinyl of new material.

Sorry for sounding unapreciative after the recent purchases - but they have left me wanting more and new if pos.

Keep up the good work 808. Badgerman
Mark

Post by Mark »

We're lucky to be getting Prebuild, although its 808 80's style. It's been 2 years since OT (how time flies) and hopefully the guys have some 'new' stuff up thier sleeves, don't get me wrong, its fantastic to get Prebuild / So Hot, anything by 808 is great, but I'm hoping something new in the vein of Long Orange / Metaluna style is on its way. Lets hope the (anticipated) succcess of Prebuild and the single will put 808 back into the spotlight and get a new album out on a bigger label (Rephlex?)

All this and an outcry for Quadrastate on CD, Graham, can you give us an update? I know we're a greedy ungrateful bunch!

We want more, we want more!
markus

Post by markus »

BADGERMAN wrote:Would love some new material, perhaps an EP - as past couple of new releases have only had one new track on (except cd version of invader).
Invader? That was 1999 mate. Aren't you forgetting Outpost Transmission in three flavours at the beginning of last year?

Also, please discuss Prebuild here. Outcries for new material should be a separate topic. Oh and please stick to one topic per topic. Thanks :)
But while I'm at it - indeed we should be thankful for what we're getting with Prebuild and the sounds page and that 808 haven't gone the Orbital way yet. I think the near future will be concentrating on trying to (re-)release old material, e.g. Quadrastate & rarities from the ZTT years.
Now let's buy many copies of Prebuild (funding a possible Quadrastate release).
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes, I agree Markus. Sorry for being quite ungrateful for Prebuild. I would love to hear Quadrastate on CD and hopefully we'll see that in the near future if Prebuild does well.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i've said it a few times b4, i'd love to see 808 sign to Warp, and maybe Warp would release Quadrastate with Let Yourself Go as it was 1 of their influences!
nickking

Post by nickking »

So, what does everybody think of Prebuild then (or haven't that many people got it yet???) :(

Me, I bought the CD on Monday (together with Robbie DVD and the latest William Shatner CD :P ), and played it continuously in the afternoon at work (with earphones).

Favourite track so far is "Automatic" (although that's probably because I'm more familiar with Gerald's "Automanikk" - i.e. this is a different slant to the track), obviously the Lounge Jays tracks (like what Richard James has to say about Massagearama on the sleevenotes - don't believe that bit was on the Rephlex website?), but the rest is gaining lots of playing round these parts...

Anybody else?

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Haven't got it yet, my friend in HMV forgot to pre-order it for me and it was only ordered on Monday. So my favourite track for the week is:

'If I Had A Hammer' :P

L8RS,
John