808 mention on BELOVED msg brd

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

j the teacher

808 mention on BELOVED msg brd

Post by j the teacher »

Back in March, I posted a what if message on the beloved forum. Since that time there have been a few replies. You may be interested.....
http://www.thebeloved.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144
Mark

Post by Mark »

:P :P :P :P

'What did 808 State do that was any good'

And this on a Beloved forum!!!!

Cheeky bugger!
Ancodia

Fight! Fight! Fight!!

Post by Ancodia »

Right that's it take to your corners, 808 forum users in the red corner and Beloved forum users in the blue corner. As Pete says (in a non Alabama 3 stylee) 'Chill Out!', everybody's entitled to their own opinion and tastes.
And if you've got a problem with that, then you and me outside now. :wink:
L8RS,
John
Mark

Post by Mark »

I was just standing up for 808!

No harm meant to Beloved fans, I do happen to have the Single File 'Best of' CD which is pretty good.

Sorry, I'll chill out.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Maybe we should all swamp on other message boards at a certain time like those flash mobbers. Any other boards that are discussing 808 ?, we'll mob em
the DJ

Post by the DJ »

I'm piggy in the middle here because I'm an admirer of both 808 State and The Beloved. At the end of the day like people have said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I think we have to remember that the thread was about about "What if ..." . I don't think you can attribute what comments that where said there to Beloved Fan's in general. I think it is a good idea that the two should do something together. However, that is my opinion and it should not be counted as the same opinion of all Beloved Fans in total. What I'm saying in essence, is everyone is accountable for their comments singularly and not as a group.
Whilst I'm on the subject, the best Beloved album has got to be "Where It Is".
BelovedBrian

Post by BelovedBrian »

The Beloved have posted up a classic unreleased album in MP3 format

well worth a listen

http://www.thebeloved.com
IanPeel

Post by IanPeel »

i saw this was up but am wondering what it's like (I loved Conscience but have always been wary of their early material)... is it worth the download?
markus

Post by markus »

Rather nice, but don't expect dance music. Reminds me of The Smiths in parts. My fave album remains Blissed Out.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Weren't they an indie band prior to Blissed Out, though, or am I confusing them with another band? :-?

Regardless, Blissed Out is good (still listen to that a lot), and also another song that I play on repeat is "Sweet Harmony"...

"Let's come together" - indeed! :P
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Sweet Harmony - what a video!
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Trust Pete to lower the tone! :D

Satelite & Sun Rising were great tracks too
BelovedBrian

Beloved Untitled album

Post by BelovedBrian »

The Beloved were an Indie band to start with (when they were a 4 piece) - this album was part-recorded, then the label folded and they used the demos from this to get signed to WEA - this is a lot more pop than their previous stuff - but not as belearic/dancey as Happiness - and nowhere near as deep as conscience or X

if unsure start with the first 3 tracks and take it from there - they are some of the strongest tunes on the album