Hello All

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Vadertech

Hello All

Post by Vadertech »

Hello all. I just joined this forum today. Ill let you know a little about me and we can get acquainted. Ive been an 808 state fan for 5 years. I own ex:el, lift single, atom bomb single, Utd state 90, Thermo Kings and Gorgeous. I am also a fan of Orbital, Underworld, Autechre, Plaid, Eat Static, Boards of Canada and quite a few others. Since im from the US ive had little or no live experience with any of these groups, less 808 state themselves. Ive seen Orbital live and I would consider them my favorite group right now. I hope to have a fun time posting to this forum in the future and I hope to meet many of you with similar interests.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hello.

You seem to have similar tastes to myself, and probably most of the Globalstate regulars.

If you want any info on the bands you have mentioned, give me a shout.
David

Post by David »

I'm on vacation in Rochester just an hour away from you!

My girlfriend is from West Seneca.

Buffalo reminds me so much of Liverpool and Manchester in its buildings and its city centre community dislocation.

Chipowa has some okay clubs but nothing else to report!

David
Vadertech

Its so hard

Post by Vadertech »

I find it hard to find people with similar tastes in the area. Buffalo radio sucks and I have a hell of a time finding albums I actually like. Most are pretty accidental if I run into any at all. ebay is my CD marketplace
David

Post by David »

Fantastic records in Pittsford just outside Rochester has some good stuff including most of 808 's stuff.

There is also a good shop on Main Street in Buffalo towards UB that has 808 stuff and other good dance stuff.I can't remember the name now but I know it was the only shop on that section of the steet ??
Vadertech

On Main Street?

Post by Vadertech »

Was it Record Theatre? If it is, i go there regularly and that's where I got most of my 808 stuff other than ebay.