Iraq

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Dr.Walsh

Iraq

Post by Dr.Walsh »

I think you'll probably find that a majority of Iraqi people are now worse off under occupation than they were under Saddam Hussein.

There's 70% unemployment, many people can't get petrol in one of the countries with the biggest oil reserves in the world, US troops kill men, women and children indiscriminately, walking down the street appears to be much more dangerous in Iraq now than a year or so ago, and there are thousands of Iraqis taking to the streets on a daily basis for their right to make basic decisions in their own country.

There is no doubt it is a good thing that Saddam Hussein is no longer in power, but it seems that the US have done little to the infrastructure of the regime, just changed the leaders of the regime, sold off Iraqi assets to American companies, put more people in prison and bombed, killed and maimed more innocent people in the streets. Not most peoples' version of democracy...

Millions and millions of people all over the world are still against this war, more and more high profile people in America are now highly critical of this mis-adventure in Iraq, US troop suicide rates are extremely high, more US soldiers have been killed in the first few months of this war than died in the first few years of Vietnam, even the US Armys' own magazine is highly critical of this mis-adventure and more soldiers than ever before are wanting to quit the Army, and Bush hasn't even been to a single funeral of soldiers whose deaths he is directly responsible for.

The US may have been indirectly responsible for the capture of Saddam Hussein, but in my opinion taken from a number of different sources, most other aspects of this war have been highly illegal, a disgrace and a shambles...
David

Post by David »

Is there any chance we can drop the political stuff?

I agree with you Dr and I have made similar posts in the past but this is a site devoted to all things 808 State and music.
I know it is an off topic forum but unfortunately in these times-if any American Staters dropped by they might think (ridiculous I know) that this is an anti-American site or that these reviews represent the band or that this site is a cover for a political breeding ground.

808 State have huge ties and respect for the US.This cannot be documented enough.
Respect to all.
Ancodia

Context?

Post by Ancodia »

The text on this discussion board has to be taken in context, and quite frankly this topic and similar others are still current news. Admittedly I am personally quite bored with them, and only quickly glance over them before moving on. But I would prefer that the writers of the topics in question stay with the forum after all, 808 are here to spread love all over the world L.O.V.E love (sorry got a little carried away there).
Personally I am fed up with any media relating to the war, we still have enough problems locally without having to take a stance on global conflict and politics.

L8RS,
John
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

David - I agree mostly with your comments and respect your views.

Just for the record, and as we've said many times before these comments are in no way anti-American.

I agree with John that the best way through this period is positivity and by spreading more good vibes and LOVE to our brothers and sisters all over the world, especially through music! :)