808 on Facebook

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Pob, markus, nickking, Ancodia

Rodders

808 on Facebook

Post by Rodders »

Just found this group on Facebook (my current 'crack' of internet time wasting...) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2215423367

I think you have to sign up for a Facebook account before you can join the group. I had a quick flick through the group members and didn't recognize anyone who posts here, if you do have an account, let me know I'll add you as a friend.

Cheers!

Pob

Post by Pob »

I've joined up.

I like the group 808ism:

"808ism was born when its founder, an avid 808 State enthusiast, remarked on the recurring incidences of the number 808 appearing in her life: getting 8.08 back in change at Sainsbury's, finding the digits 808 in her phone number, and realising that her room number added up to the same numbers that it would have done if it were 808. The religion's co-founder observed, "People have founded religions on less that that, I'm sure," and so these so-called coincidences were interpreted as a grand cosmic revelation and a new religion called 808ism emerged. Numerologically, 808 is an ideal number rich with symbolism: two symbols of infinity flanking a circle, a symbol of continuation and perfection also resembling a wheel.

808ism welcomes proselytes and disciples who recognise three fundamental problems with the world:
1) People are unhappy.
2) No one knows who Mancunian dance outfit 808 State are.
3) People feel isolated and lack unity with their fellow humans.

808ists believe that the solution lies in
1) Getting people to dance.
2) To 808 State.
3) Well, there was an answer to the third problem but it might not be so cool if people don't realise that references to empathy-inducing substances are made purely tongue-in-cheek?"

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

ha ha good find pob. i've signed up for this one as well, and applied for officer status :)

Pob

Post by Pob »

Markus,

Can we rob the 808 numbers pictures for this group? It celebrates the spooky occurences of the 808 numbers.

Sad, I agree but it is fun!

markus

Post by markus »

Pob wrote:Markus,

Can we rob the 808 numbers pictures for this group? It celebrates the spooky occurences of the 808 numbers.

Sad, I agree but it is fun!
Erm, I suppose so, as long as you credit the photographer & 808state.com :)
I've joined too.

Rodders

Post by Rodders »

i've asked sarah (who started the group) if she knows about this forum, she says she's looked at it a few times but not joined yet. she seems well into all things mancunian though.

i now have the officer status of "lambrusco cowboy" :) just gotta think of something to write there now!