My remix of Pacific State

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Pob, markus, nickking, Ancodia

pacific reefer

My remix of Pacific State

Post by pacific reefer »

Hey there everyone. Been a long while since I've posted, but finally got to finish my own remix/re interpretation of Pacific State. It's more like an inspired track than an out and out remix. It is very long...10:06...and old school style. Should anyone wish to have a listen you can find it at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.ritual.32k.org/noise.htm
I've wanted to complete it for ages and have finally done so. It's no Pacific, but I'm pretty happy with it nonetheless. There is a hi fidelity mp3 and a lo fidelity one...if you want the smaller download.
Any opinions welcome.

Steve
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Nice chill-out vibes mate. 8)
The smaller download is very useful. I'd still be downloading it this time next week otherwise. My computer is nearly 5 years old and christ it's showing it. I'm trying to find a cheap way of upgrading. Broadband might be arriving in Peebles soon though, then I can download anything I like.
pacific reefer

Post by pacific reefer »

Thanx mate :)
Response appreciated.
Hoping Markus will get it up on site soon...

Steve
jasonmclaren78

Pacific Reef

Post by jasonmclaren78 »

Excellent song, it's not easy making a 10 minute song that will keep your attention the entire duration. Well done. I think I'll burn it onto my next electronic compilation cd, with your permission of course, with some other Ultramarine & 808 State tracks.
pacific reefer

Post by pacific reefer »

Hey there Jason. Thanks for the raps :) Always nice to hear some good feedback and know that my toil was not in vain! Sure, feel free to burn the track onto whatever comp you wish.

Steve
:)
Chris the Boy

remixers wanted

Post by Chris the Boy »

Hi there. I'm mailing to see if you or anyone else would be interested in contributing to my former band's remix project.

The score is as follows: In '95 Butt Terry began an ongoing project where we dished out cassettes (because it was, after all, the 90s, and it was a house nation) to various mates of ours – the idea being that they'd each remix a track. Several years later, we have a stack of around twenty 'mixes' – I'm using inverted commas because it is of course impossible to truly 'remix' something from a non-multitrack tape. Our contributors have found many ways around this: speeding up, slowing down, multitracking, winding things backwards, overdubbing, or even rerecording their own version from scratch. None of our music has ever been released (although the band which BT evolved into, Deliberate, is the subject of an article in the next issue of Lab magazine, if you can get hold of it) – this is just for fun. Any contributor would be sent a copy of the CD of all the 'mixes' when the bloody thing's finished. Anyone up for it?
pacific reefer

Post by pacific reefer »

Hey there...
Yeah, sure I'm interested. I have a few remix projects going at the moment.
Contact me on email:
pacificreef@hotmail.com

Steve
markus

Post by markus »

Yes, excellent work. It's up on the sounds page now too.