808 live at Primavera festival in Barcelona 31 May08

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

808 live at Primavera festival in Barcelona 31 May08

Post by markus »

Well I've had to take the information down at the request of the promoters. They want to wait with announcing the full line-up until February.

Daily readers of 808state.com will have the date pencilled in their diary hopefully, if not, PM me.
Last edited by markus on 03 Jun 2008 08:51, edited 5 times in total.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I thought I must have been dreaming when I couldn't find the info or 'sticky' of the gig from yesterday. It's pencilled in but I might have to get the rubber out, hopefully not.
markus

Post by markus »

It's confirmed, so no erasing should be necessary. It's just not 'official' yet.
IanPeel

Post by IanPeel »

It's a gig on 8.08.08 I'm hnoping for!...
markus

Post by markus »

IanPeel wrote:It's a gig on 8.08.08 I'm hnoping for!...
I think that will deserve it's own topic when it starts shaping up...
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

markus wrote:
IanPeel wrote:It's a gig on 8.08.08 I'm hnoping for!...
I think that will deserve it's own topic when it starts shaping up...
I'm excited already and it's not even the 8th of December. It's only 8 :D months away so how about starting a 'sticky' topic now :wink:
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i can do the <first two days> but not the <final> (at a wedding) -

please play on the <first two days>!!!

as for the 8th aug, already booked it off work whatever happens

(Edited dates out: Nick)
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

Wherever, whenever... I'm moving back to Manchester and no matter what happens I'll be on the may gig - and of course on the 8.08.08 one (that should be @ the Haçienda... I think!) :wink:
markus

Post by markus »

PeteZarustica wrote:Wherever, whenever... I'm moving back to Manchester and no matter what happens I'll be on the may gig - and of course on the 8.08.08 one (that should be @ the Haçienda... I think!) :wink:
They did tell you the Hac doesn't exist anymore? ;)
BTW, Might come to m/cr in February, will you be there then already?
Hmmm, I'd better open a 08.08.08 topic, this is going all off-topic...
markus

Post by markus »

This gig will be officially announced on or around 19th February.
markus

Post by markus »

Now officially announced at http://www.primaverasound.com which takes place in Barcelona between Thursday 29th and Saturday 31st May. Still waiting for confirmation which day 808 are playing, but it's believed to be Saturday 31st May.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Bands playing:

808 State, A Place To Bury Strangers, Alan Braxe, Animal Collective, Apparat Band, Dj Assault, Atlas Sound, Autolux, Awesome Color, Bill Callahan, Bishop Allen, Bob Mould Band, Bon Iver, Boris, Buffalo Tom, Caribou, Cat Power, Clipse, The Cribs, De La Soul, Deerhunter, Digital Mystikz, Dinosaur Jr., Dirty Projectors, Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith + Kutmasta Kurt, Edan & MC Dagha, El Guincho, Ellen Allien, Enon, Eric's Trip, Fanfarlo, The Felice Brothers, f*** Buttons, Dj Funk, Gentle Music Men, The Go! Team, Grande-Marlaska, Health, Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs, It's Not Not, Kavinsky, Kinski, Les Savy Fav, Lightspeed Champion, Madee, Man Man, The Mary Onettes, Mary Weiss, The Marzipan Man, Menomena, Messer Chups, Midnight Juggernauts, Mission Of Burma, Mixmaster Mike, Model 500, MV & EE with The Golden Road, Nick Lowe, No Age, The Notwist, Okkervil River, Om, Para One, Pissed Jeans, Polvo, Port O'Brien, Portishead, Prinzhorn Dance School, Public Enemy performing It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Robert Hood, Rufus Wainwright, The Rumble Strips, Scout Niblett, Sebadoh, Shipping News, Silver Jews, Simian Mobile Disco, Six Organs Of Admittance, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, The Strange Death Of Liberal England, Subterranean Kids, Supermayer, Surkin, The Swell Season, Tachenko, Tarántula, Throbbing Gristle, Tiefschwarz, Tindersticks, Träd Gräs och Stenar, Vampire Weekend, Vórtice, Voxtrot, White Williams, Why?, Young Marble Giants.

Superb stuff 8)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Confirmed on their Myspace site too.

8)
markus

Post by markus »

It's going to take a nation of millions to hold me back! ;)
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:It's going to take a nation of millions to hold me back! ;)
Absolutely - never seen Public Enemy live, and also interested in Throbbing Gristle (as well as 808, Model 500, Portishead, SMD, etc)! :D

8)