Will 808 State return?

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Mark

Will 808 State return?

Post by Mark »

Just listening to Blueprint and decided to read the sleeve notes.

Totally forgotten about the bold claim that "808 State will return"

2 years on and no sign of any new material, was this false promise or a reference to the live shows?

It would be marvellous if it happened, but alternatively I'd love to be put out of my misery and extinguish the last hope that it may come to pass so I can get on with the rest of my life!!!
BADGERMAN

Re: Will 808 State return?

Post by BADGERMAN »

It would be great to see 808 State return with a new album. Outpost works really well as an album, loved the direction the sound was developing.

If not an album then perhaps an EP to pay to download in the 808 shop would be great. On a slightly off subject I would love to be able to pay for Massonix - Padstar (perhaps an 808 State reworking of Padstar?).

The material on Blueprint/State to State 3 etc has helped to fill the void - keep up the good work!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Guess not then :(
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Well, it's their 25th anniversary so maybe there could be something brewing on the horizon, but probably wishful thinking now that Darren/Graham have other side projects.
SPW

Post by SPW »

I think 808 State could make a comeback but they need to get away from the live jam, improvised noodly stuff. Part of what made the early sound work was the exclamation stabs, effective melodies. Adding some vox samples here and there wouldn't hurt. That seems to be lacking in todays EDM but it really made some of the early stuff work. Moby is a good example. Just my .02