808 state sunset radio - please can anyone ID this?

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

itsamomentintime

808 state sunset radio - please can anyone ID this?

Post by itsamomentintime »

please can anyone ID this track from 808 states sunset radio show?

http://youtu.be/EF62qYkDPjY

thanks
SPW

Re: 808 state sunset radio - please can anyone ID this?

Post by SPW »

It reminds me of the Prodigy - Charley. Look for old Jungle tunes from that era.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Sounds more like happy hardcore - are you sure this is Andy & Daz? :)

Also, any idea of date? The tune may have already been id'd before...

8)
markus

Post by markus »

Defo not Andy & Daz, imho.
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:Defo not Andy & Daz, imho.
Yeah, I can't rememember them ever playing Happy Hardcore music before? :P

8)
SPW

Post by SPW »

No offense when I write this but a lot of that old hardcore rave regardless of category can easily be made in Garage Band. The purest get so caught up in those old tunes like on Discogs but honestly much of it was created by teenagers phrase sampling loops and playing simple notes on a keyboard. The steccato exclamation keyboard stabs and looping the same break beat or sample over and over gave the music its charm especially if you were on drugs. What sounds like a piano chord is actually just a bloke pressing down a key playing a chord sample. The mickey mouse effect is just a sample being played higher up on the keyboard. A lot of the basslines are just a simple sine wave. Some of the 90s gear used to make those tracks can be had for pretty cheap these days too. I think Altern 8 created a lot of their tracks really quick phrase sampling old dance music. I remember reading that in an interview. Some dance music it's hard to recreate the funk but a lot of those rave tunes it's very simplified straight forward music. Not that hard.
nickking

Post by nickking »

SPW wrote:No offense when I write this but a lot of that old hardcore rave regardless of category can easily be made in Garage Band. The purest get so caught up in those old tunes like on Discogs but honestly much of it was created by teenagers phrase sampling loops and playing simple notes on a keyboard. The steccato exclamation keyboard stabs and looping the same break beat or sample over and over gave the music its charm especially if you were on drugs. What sounds like a piano chord is actually just a bloke pressing down a key playing a chord sample. The mickey mouse effect is just a sample being played higher up on the keyboard. A lot of the basslines are just a simple sine wave. Some of the 90s gear used to make those tracks can be had for pretty cheap these days too. I think Altern 8 created a lot of their tracks really quick phrase sampling old dance music. I remember reading that in an interview. Some dance music it's hard to recreate the funk but a lot of those rave tunes it's very simplified straight forward music. Not that hard.
Which is... Happy Hardcore? :P

8)
markus

Post by markus »

moved to the correct forum
SPW

Post by SPW »

nickking wrote:
SPW wrote:No offense when I write this but a lot of that old hardcore rave regardless of category can easily be made in Garage Band. The purest get so caught up in those old tunes like on Discogs but honestly much of it was created by teenagers phrase sampling loops and playing simple notes on a keyboard. The steccato exclamation keyboard stabs and looping the same break beat or sample over and over gave the music its charm especially if you were on drugs. What sounds like a piano chord is actually just a bloke pressing down a key playing a chord sample. The mickey mouse effect is just a sample being played higher up on the keyboard. A lot of the basslines are just a simple sine wave. Some of the 90s gear used to make those tracks can be had for pretty cheap these days too. I think Altern 8 created a lot of their tracks really quick phrase sampling old dance music. I remember reading that in an interview. Some dance music it's hard to recreate the funk but a lot of those rave tunes it's very simplified straight forward music. Not that hard.
Which is... Happy Hardcore? :P

8)
I remember the early break beat stuff but never got into happy hardcore.