808 State in Switzerland - Snowbombing 2003?

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

808 State in Switzerland - Snowbombing 2003?

Post by nickking »

According to http://www.burntblue.com/news/news.asp?News=3300 :

"808 STATE DUST DOWN THEIR SKIS

It seems like the great and the good just can’t turn down the idea of a freebie to the glacial surrounds of Villers, Switzerland, the location of Snowbombing 2003. The latest addition to the line up is none other than Manchester’s very own electronic legends 808 State. The outfit, who returned last year with ‘Outpost Transmission’ - a helter skelter ride of electronics that fused dance savvy sensibilities with electronica style invention - will be joining a line up that already includes the So Solid Crew, Oxide And Neutrino, Mr. Scruff and Deadly Avenger, to slam down a live set. "

Hmm..... :)

Oh, and btw, the official website is at http://www.snowbombing.com/ and it's between 29th March and 4th April. Nothing mentioned on that site at the moment...

l8rs,

Nick :P
McBain

Confirmed..

Post by McBain »

Hiya All,

An old school friend of mine co-owns snowbombing, and he told me today
that 808 only just confirmed their headline at Snowbombing yesterday.
I've sent an official flyer-email to Markus so I guess he may take the info
on that and create a 808 live page. I've been tempted to go to Snowbombing many times but haven't found the time.. now there's no excuse!
Apres-Ski Schnapps whilst groovin' to the OT tunes.. not to be missed methinks.
McBain
nickking

Post by nickking »

Well, it could be another excuse to visit Switzerland again, although I have a sneaky feeling that this is when a couple of mates and me plan to go on holiday to Europe...

Maybe I should suggest Switzerland? :P

l8rs,

Nick 8)
markus

Post by markus »

I'm still waiting for Graham's confirmation. Have upated the live section in the meantime.
graham

Post by graham »

been trying to get confirmation,it looks likely but is not confirmed till the paperwork..likely to be sunday 30th march
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

This is very tempting. Finances might be a problem though. :(
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

This could be a COOL gig.......harhar!!

Gonna be televised as well by the looks of it, who knows a snippet of 808 maybe. Reading the line up it sounds as though Peter Kay might be there as well, I might just book it, pack it and f**k off now
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

808 probably won't get mentioned :x But with 6 programmes being shown during the week you never know 8)
Ancodia

Peter Kay

Post by Ancodia »

What, Peter Kay :P and Darren Partington 8) in the same place at the same time? Hopefully we can now dispel these rumours, that they are one and the same, seperated at birth or brothers! Thinking back to Castlefield, I saw Darren's younger brother, and they weren't exactly the spit of each other! :P
L8RS,
John :D
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

the fat twats on snow ive seen it all before but is was in digwal and it was summer. ill be there hanging on to thier shirt tails and drinking thier rider if all goes to plan beware
markus

Post by markus »

Ziggy= Livewire in disguise?
I notice the snowbombing website has been updated with 808 state in the lineup.
livewire

no one can imitate me markus

Post by livewire »

i will be there in switzerland markus, and not in disguise either. this promises to be a blinder so its my duty to go and get pissed and have a great time.... see you all there... livewire..... 240v.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

i the mighty ziggy am true, i am not livewire! tremble switzerland before me i come to drink and cause trouble in your puny resort.i use the power of the mighty thunder god darren of the 808 state, and his powder power will destroy all unbelievers. quake mortals :x :x
livewire

reply to ziggy

Post by livewire »

the challenge ..... should you be brave enough to accept it, is an evening or two on the piste with daz and livewire versus ziggy, george and any other shandy pants scotsman who wear nothing under the kilt but foolishness....abandon all hope ye who enter here,,, daz and live.... ave it you lez.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

i hear that they are importing vast amounts or pomane and babysham for ladies daz and livewire, when they go on thier "gays on the slopes" tour.I hear you are a skiier who dresses out of C+A and trespass.I shall be using my wimp seeking dreadlocks to punish all those who challenge my drinking prowess, and george will crush and confuse you with his thc ray.
you will all die horribly
ha ha pussies :x