Madchester: The Sound Of The North

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

blue jammer

Madchester: The Sound Of The North

Post by blue jammer »

Part 1 is now online available to download, 192.47Mb so broadband only please!
<read the full post and please excuse my rant and the language within.>
blue jammer

Post by blue jammer »

Part 2 is now online.

Ithangyew

~enjoy~ :)
markus

Post by markus »

Can I just say a HUGE thanks for this. This is an absolutely essential documentary for anyone who was there, or if you weren't, it will educate you! Big respect for sharing this. Some people sell this documentary on eBay as a promo...
nickking

Post by nickking »

Most definitely - finally managed to download these yesterday, and the amount of 808/MC Tunes/Gerald stuff in part 2, especially, is fantastic.

For all those 808-fans, download these - you get clips of songs from the G-Mex gig, as well as interviews with Graham, Andy & Tunes, as well as footage of Tunes recording a song in the recording studio.

Fantastic stuff, and definitely get this rather than the dodgy promo that keeps popping up in e-bay! :wink:

Now, if the TV company would only release this on DVD....

l8rs,

Nick 8)
blue jammer

Post by blue jammer »

You are all most welcome, it's things like this that should be shared for free, and thanks to the technology and the advance of broadband throughout the world, it's easy to do so.

I have seen this for sale on eBay a few times, and I have been cheeky and have contacted people who have been bidding for it and pointed them to my site, so that's one in the eye for the folks that are after a fast buck :wink:

I'll echo nickking's comments as well, PLEASE PLEASE get this released on DVD, with some extras too, it'd be a must buy for lovers of this era.

I bought the 808 State DVD opti buk, and was impressed with the extras on there, I loved the home video camera style footage :D

Now if only Andy or Graham would reply to their PM's and dig out the mystical copy of M.V.I.T.A. one of them must surely have/know where to get hold of it :P

I live in hope...
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

Im having problems PLAYING the files. I just can hear the sound, no images. Do you guys have any clue of what's happening? Do I need a Mancunian codec to play it :) ?

all the best

Pete
blue jammer

Post by blue jammer »

You need the divx codec(s) installed to play this, it was encoded with the standard 5.0 one I think.

I'll PM you a link (on this board) later when I get in from work to a full (cracked) version of the codec pack that'll sort it for you.

If anyone else needs the codec pack, just send me a PM

Ta
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Ahh - the files have downloaded without a '.zip' extension - it says '.avi' ...what do i do....anyone??? :(
Rich The Donkey Doctor

I actually dont know what the f*** i'm doing, so can someone please gve me a hand? Im using XP Pro, but it keeps stating: the file is invalid or corrupt...any thoughts?
markus

Post by markus »

First of all make sure you download the file, don't try to view it online. When downloading leave off the .zip extension, it's a .avi file. Or you can rename it after the download.
Souflex

Post by Souflex »

I'm using BroadBand but it is taking 4 ever to download....infact it is not ready after half an hour.

How long is taking everyone else?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Yup, it does take a long time (even with broadband) - I normally leave it going, and then go down the pub - should have completed by the time I return! :D

And, yeah, you need to rename the file from 'xxxxx.avi.zip' to 'xxxxx.avi' - should then work (right-click the file, select rename and then delete the '.zip' part at the end'.

l8rs,

Nick ;)
blue jammer

Post by blue jammer »

It's easier to rename it once you have left clicked the download icon, and it brings up a box asking you where you want to save it.

Just delete the 2nd file extension .zip and then save it.

Should open fine then as long as you have the codec installed to play it in windows media player.

The server has been really slow for everyone today as they've been upgrading it, should be ok from around 7 tonight.
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Cheers guys...but im still buggered - it download without the .zip extension - ie Madchester1.avi, and now when I try to download again it is still comming up as Madchester1.avi

Also the file is supposed to be 192.47 Mb? Well my downloaded file is 80.2 Mb - how come?

Sorry to be so crap - but i'm sooo looking forward to watching this! :(
blue jammer

Post by blue jammer »

Sounds like it's not downloaded it fully.

Deleted the file you already have, and start downloading again, that's usually the best way.