Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

Take a look at the news section!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH BOLLOX!

i'm at the dance valley 2002 event in amsterdam that very weekend!

anyone want a cheap dance valley ticket? and a plane ticket? er, and a hotel room for 3 nights for that matter..

junkie xl better be good now.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

.....and I'm in FECKIN Bournmouth for what was supposed to be a holiday, how feckin gutted am I.

I was hopin it was the 10th as was originally thought.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I take it there's a live date announced, but for some reason its not showing on the news section on my PC? is it just me?

Can anyone enlighten me? I hope its not early August as I am in Benidorm!!!
markus

Post by markus »

Mark, try changing your PC's cache settings. Assuming you're using IE: Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files, Settings, then click on "Every visit to the page".
Anyway, for your benefit (or benedorm):

808 State are happy to announce that they are headlining the G:Percussion festival on Saturday 3 August 2002 at the Castlefield arena in Manchester and have chosen this event to launch their long-awaited new album. 808 are to perform at 11 P.M. and rumour has it they will be joined by guest vocalists featured on the album... The gig is free, tied up with the ending of the Commonwealth Games. Castlefield of course was also the site of Olympic bids featuring 808 State as well as the Don Solaris launch gig. A delighted Graham Massey remarked: "Rock on Tommy!"
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i'm on my way, got the nite off, lvuly jubbly.

ps keep Cobra Bora & Donkey Doctor in the set!
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

Looks like someone was feeding me some bullsh*t - maybe they got cold feet with this other gig? Who cares - free festival!!!!!! Yipeeee....all i've gotta do is get some time off work now
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Look's like a weekend in Manchester is on the cards for the start of August. Can we start to get details of the best places to stay, I normally stay out in Altrincham when over for the football but it's a bit far out for Castlefield and the city centre! Could we look for hotels with parking available as I'll be flying in to Liverpool and hiring a car at the airport, another one of those crappy Mercedes A-class.
See you there!, John.:smile:>
Mark

Post by Mark »

I don't f***ing believe it.

Can anyone guess what date I fly out to Benidorm?

Of course its the 3rd August. Now I am in a right foul mood.

Are you lot taking the piss out of me???
markus

Post by markus »

On 2002-07-11 09:34, Ancodia wrote:
Can we start to get details of the best places to stay, I normally stay out in Altrincham when over for the football but it's a bit far out for Castlefield and the city centre!
I can imagine it could be quite tricky to find accomodation due to the Commonwealth games... I have stayed at Sachas Hotel http://www.britannia-sachas.activehotels.com a few times, it's not cheap, but you can't get much closer to Afflec's Arcade than that...
I've also stayed at the Castlefield youth hostel http://www.yhamanchester.org.uk a few times, this of course would be the ultimate place to stay at for this event as it it's adjacent to the arena. Also parking is probably cheaper than in the centre. But you'd have to be prepared to share rooms, if I remember correctly, they are usually rooms for 6, if you don't want to share, they get more expensive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markus on 2002-07-11 16:02 ]</font>
markus

Post by markus »

Indeed, upon checking online availability at those hotels, they are both full for the date in question. One that seems available is the Copthorne Hotel Manchester, which is at Salford Quays, Salford http://www.copthornemanchester.activehotels.com . I stayed there once. Nice hotel, but obviously not central.

Ooops, just noticed that they seem to have trippled their prices for the games...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markus on 2002-07-11 16:14 ]</font>
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

IF I was going you could have all crashed at mine. Trying to pull a few strings but it seems unlikely.

Feckin holidays........
McBain

Post by McBain »

Sigh.
Sigh.
Sigh.

Why so late in the day, 808?
I've already bought my ticket to Essential Festival @ Hackney Marshes, on the same day, Aug. 3rd. What a complete gutting clash.
Sigh.

McB
dmp

Post by dmp »

Yeeha! M/cr here we come! The last time I was there was for a Celtic friendly game against Man U (think it was either Steve Bruce or Brian McClair's testimonial). After drinking all day and dancing in front of some huge office, we got on a bus and asked to be taken to Salford, "You're in Salford" was the reply. We also met a barmaid who said she went to school with Daz and Andy. Can't wait to see the gig and hear the new album.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Don't worry McBain, it looks like the Essential Festival has been cancelled...

Check out Radio 1 website later on today, but that's what was going to be announced at 1:00pm today...

l8rs,

Nick :wink: