A Short Film About Chilling

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

N.JOHNSON

Post by N.JOHNSON »

There was a program on BBC2 years ago called a short film about chillin'. It featured 808, The Farm, and other bands. Andy and Graham were interviewed and it was about the Ibiza scene when it was new and fresh. I remember a live set of 808 doing In Yer Face and i know that thats the best In Yer Face video i have seen. Better than Optical 90 and Optibuk.

Does anyone have a copy they could tape for me as i would love to see it again. My mom taped over mine years ago and i was well pissed off. also if anyone has any TV appearances of 808 on Top Of The Pops or The Word etc.. i would like them too.

E-mail me if you can help and i am sure we can come to some arrangement over tapes and things.

Respect

Nick.
David

Post by David »

It was shown on C4 about 4.5 years bak at 2am in the morning-not that that is any good.
Graham looks really young in it :wink:

It is on the net somewhere-I remember it could be downloaded from the Terrace Retro forum at one time.
I'll see what I can do.
David

Post by David »

http://worldpop.hypnosismedia.com/ibizatv.phtml

I don't know if it still works and I know a shorter version was made of the documentary aswell.
If it does work you can stream the whole programme.
N.JOHNSON

Post by N.JOHNSON »

Thanks. I'll have a look and see if it's any good.

Cheers!! :D

Nick. 8)
markus

Post by markus »

I remember downloading the two files a few years ago. I've just dug it out! Unfortunately the audio and video were not in sync. I glued the two files together to make one file, but obviously the audio sync problem didn't go away by that...
So if anyone has the time and energy to edit the file and sync it up, please let me know. It's about 16 minutes and In Yer Face is at the end.
http://www.808state.com/temp/short_film ... illing.zip
Beware, it's 25 MB!
David

Post by David »

Bump

Did anybody ever put this in sync ?

It is a classic film that should be preserved !
markus

Post by markus »

No, not one soul got in touch with me.
markus

Post by markus »

That zip file is still there. Cross-referencing this topic with this one: viewtopic.php?t=1874
N.JOHNSON

Post by N.JOHNSON »

Hi All.

I downloaded the link to this program and have now converted it from a real player file to an MPEG which i will be able to use to burn to DVD. However as has been pointed out the sound track is out of sync with the visual track. I will see if there is any way to remedy this and get back to you with the results.

Regards

Nick.