Headphone recommendations?

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Headphone recommendations?

Post by markus »

Has anyone got a recommendation for good headphones for home-listening? E.g. ones that fit really comfortably and, obviously, have superior sound quality?
I've got noisy neighbours, but by turning up my music, I would be disturbing other neighbours... so headphones is an alternative I guess...
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

Phillips hp-1000. Light, good response and very coooooool ;)
TurboManc

Post by TurboManc »

it depends on your budget, as you can spend a lot of money on really good quality headphones. But I got a pair of "Numark HF125" headphones for under £10 and have been very impressed with them.

Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Current favourites are my Sony MDR-V700DJs been using them almost daily for the last 9 months, nice big drivers and loud.

J
graham

Post by graham »

I got these posh ones called Grado s , theyre hand assembled by a man in new york (thats what it says) theyre very good , mine are nt the top of the range ones ,theyre realy expensive and made of walnut , but they are
very pleasant to get detail on ,in fact in some ways they bring out the flaws in somethings and spoil it .
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'd agree with John, the Sony's are outstanding for crisp clear sounds. The Sennheiser HD595's are worth a look too, my mate has just bought a pair for about £100 but he reckons they sound great and they look pretty cool too.
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Just thought I'd mention, there's a good length of cable on the Sonys very good if your ears are a long way from the ground Mr Arnold. :D

J
dmp

Post by dmp »

I have the same make Graham mentioned. Mines are Grado Labs 125s, they're excellent, really clear but a bit fidgety at first. My brother brought them back from the States as a present last year. They cost a flaming fortune (around 200 quid I think) but are worth it if you're going to use em a lot. Don't know if you can buy them in the UK.

http://www.gradolabs.com/

I also have a pair of Creative Labs HQ-2300Ds which retail for about £60, pretty good as well.
markus

Post by markus »

Much appreciated, as I still have not made a descision...
markus

Post by markus »

In the end I went for an in-between solution (pricewise), the Sennheiser HD465. The bass is very deep! :) Thanks for all your advice.
deeman72

Post by deeman72 »

can't beat technics bud... :D