sunset 102

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Pob, markus, nickking, Ancodia

sunnybeswick

sunset 102

Post by sunnybeswick »

hiya, i've just had a flood of memories, can anyone remember a very ravey manchester band called 'economics' (as i remember) that either 808 state, sammyb or the mix factory were giving airtime to... or did i dream it!?

i think it was the 808 state show tho, because i had it on tape and 'crazy' from Stalybridge was on it! shit do u remember him?

cheers.

DaveLee

sunset 102, economix etc.

Post by DaveLee »

yeah mate, i remember. 'economix' did a track that went, something along the lines of "feel the panic...got to have it" and then had these mad female vocals on it and a ragga bit in it. tried to hunt it down years back, but had no success. yeah daz and andy had them on the show as i remember (also remember k-klass, eskimos and egypt, suddy etc. being on).
'craze' of stalybridge....yeah he was mental. he used to come on around the time that live was on. sounded about 14 (my age at the time!!)
remember all the shows well - mix factory (sun. night - higgy, xtc and later mike lewis of n-trance!), sami b, clash fm, hacienda fm etc.
....sunset 102.....the "kickin'" fm!!!...808's jingles were wicked too!

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

cheers mate, they also did a tune that sampled the vocals off 'finest' by the SOS Band (''your the finest i've ever had'')

heres a bit of that feel the panic tune...

http://www.kidbippy.com/audio/feelthepanic.ram

thanks again

DaveLee

economix etc.

Post by DaveLee »

ahh wicked! that brought back memories! was that taken from an old sunset tape? think there was a slightly slower mix o' that tune as well.
seem to remember they did one called 'the rachel tune' too (?)...might be the one with the SOS band sample in.
found a tape yesterday where darren played a "world exclusive" of 'nimbus'...around may '92 i reckon.

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

that link is from another site, someone wanting it IDing, the one i remember had that ''play it back reggae style'' bit in it.

i remember that dunne tune you mentioned in the other post, its rare as f*** tho. rarer still is 'moodswing - the 6 train' if you can remember that - Jay Wearden used to play it alot.

DaveLee

dune

Post by DaveLee »

yeah dune was a balearic classic i think. don't remember the moodswing tune....might know it if i hear it. jay wearden's still around doing old school isn't he? keep seeing the flyers.

DaveLee

economix

Post by DaveLee »

....also yeah the 'play it back reggae style' was the version that i remember. it was wicked!!

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

FAO: DAVELEE

Here's a clip 'espiral' by Dunne and a short clip of moodswings 'the 6 train'

http://www.ajcbrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.u ... ppiano.mp3

http://www.ajcbrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.u ... topsax.mp3

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

heres a clip of two tunes from the 'economix EP' by DJ Desire

'Panic' and 'loop'

http://www.fox1973.freeserve.co.uk/panic.rm
http://www.fox1973.freeserve.co.uk/finest-tune.rm

the other two tunes are called 'equake' and '5am' and its on ebay at the moment fast heading towards £100 - rare as hens teeth a manchester tune that never got passed white label stage

btw do u remember 'psychosis' by Sandman - the first ever release on manchesters 'BUSH' records? was in the 808 chart for weeks back in 91/92!!?

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

also forgot to say...

funnily enough you can get 6 train and espiral on a bootleg w/ narra mine by genaside 2 on the other side

DaveLee

sandman

Post by DaveLee »

cheers for that m8!...yeah remember the sandman - psychosis.
got it on tape actually from the eastern bloc 'top 12' on an 808 show.
didn't know it was the first release on bush though!...wicked label!
just listening to that tape now :o). must be from around april '92.
the top 12 at this time reads:

12) GTO - Elevation (though darren calls it 'evolution')
11) Shades of Rhythm - Fear of the Future
10) Skywalker - Equitic
9) Bubbles - We can ride
8) Life - Cruise (??)
7) Zone Ranger (White Label out o' Liverpool)
6) Utah Saints - Something Good
5) K-Klass - Why?
4) SANDMAN - PSYCHOSIS
3) Technomatic - It's time to party (HitHouse)
2) Test - Overdub
1) Noise Overload - Destroy your speakers

Remember any o' these?? Also do you remember NRG - Feel the Fury?? Ohh for the days when the left side of eastern bloc wasn't a f*ckin' hat shop!!!
by the way, not an ex wright robby lad being from sunny beswick r u??

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

nah dave i grew up in levenshulme so i went to spurley hey - or ''spoggy gay'' as the wright robbys used to call us;) i know a lot of people from wright robby tho...

i've got most of the NRG records, nrg also did the 'Liquid Crystal' stuff like 'innersense' (the tune w/ the female ''asked her to cry'' sample)

cheers for putting up that top 12 - remember a few of them by name - know what you mean about the bloc, the fact its now a hat shop for vain people to wear when they go for a designer drink at some castlefield bar shows the state m/cr's got itself into

btw - did you recognise that '6 train' tune - or is it one that passed you by!?

DaveLee

Post by DaveLee »

yeah can vaguely recall that '6 train'. that DJ Desire mix of 'panic'
is a lot different than the original that the group 'economix' actually
did. the original was slower and not as ravey.
just been sifting thru' my vinyl. do u remember M.A.N.I.C.?
('i'm coming hardcore' and 'gotta get loose' )

sunnybeswick

Post by sunnybeswick »

aye Dave, i remember MANIC, have you got the original i'm comin hardcore on union city records!? mines a rerelease, but the originals got a nice tune on the b-side