Greeting from a new member from Tokyo!! :)

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

mari

Post by mari »

Hi there. I just wanted to stop by here to say hello from Tokyo!

I've been a fan since 1994, inspired by their PLAN 9 remixes when the Japanese compilation album "Forecast" was out. I actually happened to be at the in-store live for that album's promotion. Long time ago.

Since then I kept buying 808state albums whenever I found them in a store. It was hard to find their albums in a small American town I used to lived before.

I'm not sure if the 808state members still remember me or not, but I was asked to translate some press release document into Japanese for them, and the "statetostate" album I got from them in return is still my favorite 808 album. :smile:

I haven't been very good girl to keep up on updates over the last couple of years, but it doesn't mean I'm not the fan anylonger! I'm glad to come back to this very much improved 808state web page again. It seems like there's not an active registered fan from Japan as far as I netsurfed here. Then I will try to be the one!

What a shame that I missed their play at the club WOMB last summer. I go clubbing there quite often, but I just didn't know they were coming in Tokyo! Hopefully 808state come visit us in Japan in the near future. (Yes, now I moved back in Tokyo, where I can find really good music stores and clubs!)

-- mari.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Hi Mari, welcome to the 808 massive!

check out the discussion regulars pages & create 1 yourself, send details to markus!

great to see our first japanese discussion member!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markus on 2002-07-17 17:22 ]</font>
Pob

Post by Pob »

Yes, welcome Mari.

You'll have to keep us updated with all thing 808 related over in Japan. Especially when Outpost Transmission gets released!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Welcome Mari.

Both a Japanese and a female new member, these are rare occurances.

Good to see the 808 clan spreading across the world.
markus

Post by markus »

Hi Mari, welcome aboard!
On 2002-07-14 18:57, mari wrote:
I actually happened to be at the in-store live for that album's promotion. Long time ago.
If you took pictures at the time, we'd love to see them!
I'm not sure if the 808state members still remember me or not, but I was asked to translate some press release document into Japanese for them, and the "statetostate" album I got from them in return is still my favorite 808 album. :smile:
Wow, great. That was in the days when Iain Bennett used to run the website.
It seems like there's not an active registered fan from Japan as far as I netsurfed here. Then I will try to be the one!
You are the first, though I'm sure you are aware of http://members.aol.com/fujikikun/
(Yes, now I moved back in Tokyo, where I can find really good music stores and clubs!)
Absolutely - Tokyo has the best record stores in the world!
Souflex

Post by Souflex »

I really enjoyed seeing all the different styles of cd on the Japanese website.

Does anyone know the best place to get a copy of Dance Yourself to Death?

And yes welcome to the board Mari.

Greetings from Xian (home of Terrecota Warriors), China

Gary
McBain

Post by McBain »

Firstly, Hi Mari, welcome to GlobalState.. the last best hope for Humankind.

Secondly, to back Markus up, we wanna hear all about any nipponi-808 related news lol, 808 def. have strong ties over your way, you can see that from all the extra stuff that's been released.

Finally, well I've got myself a scanner (kinda part payment from a girl I know for services rendered yatta yatta) .. and as I promised to Markus many months ago I'll get on the case regarding scanning of the 808 12's I have and sending the scans to him, maybe he can get them up on the site.

Laterzzzz
McB
mari

Post by mari »

It surprised me so much to see these welcome messages this fast! "arigato" (means thanx in Japanese"

I posted some already regarding to JP outpost transmission release. Hopefully I can be a help and enjoy myself here. :smile:

Later~
mari.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mari on 2002-07-19 04:13 ]</font>
markus

Post by markus »

Mari's page has been added. See
http://www.808state.com/discussion/mari.htm
mari

Post by mari »

markus, thanx for setting my page up!